Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

what did you cook, or going to cook today?

Options
bbqwizard
bbqwizard Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went to Trader Joe's yesterday and ended up buying "Turkey Filet Mignon". Basically it is a turkey breast that has been cut and/or shaped into a circle. Then it's wrapped in uncured bacon and skewered. So, I just started the charcoal and will be grillin one of those along with asparagus and sweet potato wedges seasoned with cumin and rosemary. For dessert I made an all natural "very good" for you blueberry crisp.[p]So what was/is on the menu for tonight?[p]phillip

Comments

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    Well.... We started with baby back ribs for lunch with potatoe salad and cole slaw. Then marinated two tri-tips, which are on now, and are having a salad and some jalapeno bread for dinner, and brocolli. Margaritas and beer afterwards!

• bbqwizard
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]Sounds awesome! You know, these days I eat VERY healthy, and I'm entitled (and should) to a cheat day or at least a meal. But, I find that I just cannot do it. I have to analyze everything to death. i never use to be this way- not even three months ago when i was still doing fine in the weight dept. However, I will say this: Since getting very strict in what I eat (even on my free day) there has been an extreme amount of noticable difference in my body shape.[p]So you're probably asking yourself why i'm rambling on about this aren't you? Well, you mentioned beer, and now I think I'm going to open a guiness. Sorry for the dialog- thanks for listening. BTW, Margaritas are my fav!!!!![p]phillip

• ronbeaux
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    Whoo!, I thought I had got an e-mail from my doctor for a minute there. My brother and his wife came over from Texas to visit and I was just showing off the egg. (He's been on the phone 3 times to dealers in his area so I think he is hooked, which is not surprising since he makes custom fishing rods, now I'm rambling) Anyway, have a good evening we are fixing to eat!!!

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    bbqwizard,[p]Home alone tonight, so thought I might sear a steak.[p]But there is just something about a hamburger on the Egg that is irresistable.[p]I went to my favorite butcher and bought 3/4 lb of freshly ground chuck.[p]Tossed it with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Divided into two patties and seared at nuke temps on the small. I had some Tillamook cheddar sliced thin and put it on the burgers after they were flipped. Oh, man.[p]It worked for me![p]DD
  • bbqwizard,[p]I cooked 2 spackcocked chickens and am getting ready for 4 boston butts. I just need a rub recipe. Anyone used Elder Ward's? I am out of DP as indicated in the post below.[p]Ed
  • bbqwizard
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]lol! have a great night.[p]phillip

• bbqwizard,[p]Today it's a couple of baby back slabs, smothered in Dizzy Dust. I'll finish them off with some of my homemade bbq sauce.[p]Geez - now I need to figure out what to have on the side!
  • AlaskanC,[p]Care to share the infamous Alaskan recipe??

• ronbeaux
    Options
    bbqwizard,
    Ah Hah! My plan worked. My Brother is a comercial building Superintendant with great carpenter skills and has just described the perfect egg nest to me to fit his patio. If that ain't hooked I don't know what is, besides the fact that him and his wife are both layed up like a hound dog from eating too much! check out "gulfcoastrods.net" to see his fishing rod work. I'm sure a mighty fine table will follow.

• Richard,
    I will definitely share the recipe once I get it just right. It changes a bit each time I make it, but I'm getting there.... I hope! :)

• bbqwizard
    Options
    ronbeaux,[p]WOW! That's great! I'm jealous...I want one..lol.[p]BTW, those "Turkey Mignons" are fantastic! I was good and only ate one. However, I couldn't resist any longer. I had a big piece of cake a little while ago (shhhhhh, don't tell anyone). It was Gooooood. Like they say, you're entitled to at least one free meal a week and if you can do it, an entire day is sometimes okay too.[p]On a side note: I met someone at Trader Joe's today from Hawaii....we exchanged numbers, and she called me first! We're meeting for breakfast on Tuesday:D[p]phillip