Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Bunny - Scottish Eggs

Options
Woke up early and decided that coffee wasn't enough. Hopped in the old '67 FJ40 and blasted down to the store for some Jimmy Deans Sausage. 15 mins later I had some good looking Scottish Eggs on the BGE roasting away.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Had Scottish eggs for the first time this week. Need to egg some as my boys loved them. Looks good. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Do you happen to have a plated shot sliced in half?  These look delicious. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Gonna have to use the googles. Never heard of them but if its eggs and sausage I'm in
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• thegooddocta
    Options
    Do you start with the eggs slightly undercooked (somewhere between soft and hard boiled) or fully hard boiled? I love Scotch Eggs, but haven't tried making them myself yet... 
    Mike - (1)LBGE, HeaterMeter v4.2.4
    Little Rhody Egger - East Greenwich, RI
  • frogegg
    frogegg Posts: 14
    Options
    I only boil them for about 4 minutes and then put them in ice water so they don't over cook. After you peel them dry them off and place on a big patty of sausage, How much sausage is up to you. Roll them in some spiced up bread crumbs for an added crunch. Cooking times can vary based on temp, but I put them at 400 to make them extra crispy on the outside. Didn't get a cut open shot, but they are the best as leftovers the next day!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sweet stache........

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,174
    Options
    tried this out, didn't have bread crumbs, but had bacon. I guess this is more of a turtle egg vs. Scottish egg. very good though. reminded me of a egg mcmuffin lol
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I really like these!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL