Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's dinner....Grilled Ahi tuna with tropical fruit salsa

Options
bbqwizard
bbqwizard Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ahituna-1.jpg[p]This is what I had tonight for dinner. Before you say anything- I would have rather had it cooked a little less. Taste was fantastic though. method follows:[p]Phillip[p]1 Ahi Tuna steak
.5 T low sodium soy sauce
1 T EVOO[p]Mix the EVOO and vinegar together. Slather the tuna with this mixture and set aside. Grill to your liking (I prefer rare/med rare)[p]Top with a tropical fruit salsa:[p].5 fresh mango, diced
2 strawberries, diced
1 kiwi, skinned, diced
fresh mint leaves, minced, to taste
lime juice, to taste
Jalepeno, diced, to taste, or leave out
1 T diced red onion, diced, or leave out[p]combine and refrigerate to let the flavor come together.
Note: this is a great refreshing flavor that really brightens the seafood. Pineapple and pomegranates would work well also.[p]I also served it with toasted Quinoa w/ yellow and green bell peppers, red onion and garlic. [p]Not only does this taste fantastic, but it looks great too. Real crowd pleasure (especially with the ladies).

Comments