Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New XL Stainless steel table

Options
Tinyfish
Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
edited March 2015 in EGG Table Forum
Here is my new table. It is all 304 stainless steel and Its 32"x70"x34.5"h.  I decided on a U shape in the back for easy loading of the egg and so the egg would sit lower in the table.

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Nice table, and the u shape is a good idea
    Phoenix 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Friggen Love It @Tinyfish
    Did you build/mod this?  Nice work whomever did it. This will give you a lifetime of enjoyment. One suggestion...ok maybe two... Bottle opener attach with SS hardware. Egging tools using SS carriage bolts and double SS nuts works remarkably well. Enjoy it my friend. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Tinyfish
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL  looking to find a nice bottle opener and the SS carriage bolts would I use one bolt per tool?

I did the sketch and a local shop built it for me. Like I said the U cutout was so XL would sit low in the table because of the hinge  and easy to install.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Yes one tool per bolt. Drill hole and bolt is simply sandwiched with two SS nuts. This allows you to adjust depth if need be. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Tinyfish
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL I will call that the "Husker" mod on my table.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Well thank you Sir. The NPHuskerFL Mod it is :lol:  LoL
    +'s It's cheap, hardware is readily available, won't corrode and serves its purpose nicely. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I like the design of your table. It's clean and great looking. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,172
    Options
    Very nice table and clever use of the nest for the JR too.
  • Tinyfish
    Options
    @epcotisbest thank you. The Jr fits in the nest perfectly.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Excellent table choice!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    Options
    Love the table.  Really like the simple open back!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Outstanding.  I think stainless is the best table material in the long haul.  Maintenance free and power washer friendly.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • blasting
    Options
    Tinyfish, did you have that fabbed up at a local shop.  Would it be rude of me to ask approximately what they charged you?  If you'd prefer not to say, I understand.
    Phoenix 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    That's a awesome looking table I'm thinking something along the same for myself. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Tinyfish
    Options
    @blasting it cost me $950 Canadian with better roller wheels. I went to a local shop with my sketch and he made it.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Well thank you Sir. The NPHuskerFL Mod it is :lol:  LoL
    +'s It's cheap, hardware is readily available, won't corrode and serves its purpose nicely. 
    This table passed "cheap" a lot time ago! Good idea though. 
  • blasting
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the info Tinyfish.  Enjoy your new table.
    Phoenix 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Tinyfish ... the table looks nice.  I like the stainless steel tables.  Unfortunately, the missus voted them down and I went with a Challenger table.

I like your design, but wouldn't be able to sleep nights worrying about the egg falling out the back side.  A chain, a single bar, two bolt on wings to partially span the gap, tape a mattress to the back of the egg, something ... anything ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• luckyboy
    luckyboy Posts: 284
    Options
    Beautiful table !!!! Everything, great job.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    You could add a couple of drawers later to the underside of the bottom shelf, before and after
  • Tinyfish
    Options
    @Tspud1 looks very nice. Where do I finds those drawers.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Send me a message and I'll get you info. Table pictured is a egghead here, Bowhunr. He added the drawers about a year after he got table. You could do one also.
  • elef3u
    elef3u Posts: 12
    Options
    Tinyfish said:
    Here is my new table. It is all 304 stainless steel and Its 32"x70"x34.5"h.  I decided on a U shape in the back for easy loading of the egg and so the egg would sit lower in the table.
    Beautiful table. Can I ask...how wide is that lower shelf (the distance from the front to the back of the shelf)?

XL Big Green Egg  |  Weber Summit 670  |  Meat
  • Tinyfish
    Options
    elef3u said:
    Tinyfish said:
    Beautiful table. Can I ask...how wide is that lower shelf (the distance from the front to the back of the shelf)?
    I have since sold my egg and table to a friend but the shelf is about 30" front to back. The table top over hangs the legs but the bottom shelf stops at the legs.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Tinyfish said:
    elef3u said:
    Tinyfish said:
    I have since sold my egg and table to a friend but the shelf is about 30" front to back. The table top over hangs the legs but the bottom shelf stops at the legs.
    So do not have an egg anymore?  What do you grill on now.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Tinyfish
    Options
    Tinyfish said:
    elef3u said:
    Tinyfish said:
    So do not have an egg anymore?  What do you grill on now.
    Still grilling.  I have a couple Komodo Kamado's and a KJ Jr
  • asianstyles
    Options
    Sorry to bump an old thread. Any issue with the stainless steel table shelf getting hot under the Egg even with the nest?
  • Tinyfish
    Options
    Sorry to bump an old thread. Any issue with the stainless steel table shelf getting hot under the Egg even with the nest?

I have since sold my setup to a friend but to answer your question I have never even checked the shelf under the egg. My main reason for going with stainless steel was I didn't want to worry about a wood shelf catching fire or getting burn marks on it. The stainless steel  shelf was reinforced when built to support the weight of the egg. 

If I had to do it again I would 100% go with stainless steel but I would round off the corners of the table to match the round shape of the egg.