Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Macro Mode Sirloin Steak Bite

Options
Smoked Signals
Smoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
wannabite.jpg
<p />MMMMmmmm ... just love steak in the dead of winter. Sams had some awesome looking sirloins the other day and they were just calling my name. Notice nothing else on the plate? It was a meat and water/wine dinner. No salad. No tater. No. vegtable. Just meat. I even took the scraps from my son. Good thing the Vytorin was on the shelf that night.[p]
Enjoy.
Doug

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    great pic doug!!!. .. is that a nice coating of cowlick i see on the steak in the background? ... btw, seems to me that if you've trimmed the excess fat when you eat, that the vytorin shouldn't be all that necessary (i take it too). .. the other night i had leftover steak and a salad for dinner, nothin else .. .figure that was actually pretty healthy for me .. .

• Dos Huevos
    Dos Huevos Posts: 368
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]Dude, you say that like it's a bad thing. We have ribeye night every friday (we = me, the wife, my brother in law and my sister in law) and we used to do all that sides and salad crap. But it turns out, all my BIL and I wanted was the steak.[p]So now, the girls share some bread or a salad and Todd and I (yes, we have the same name and married sisters) eat a ribeye on a paper plate. That's it. [p]And it's perfect.[p]
  • Smoked Signals
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Yes .. that is cowlick. My son and I put it on after the steak has cooked. Seems to stick to the grill more if I put it on before hand.[p]man those were good.
    Doug