Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Manning is Coming Back

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Happy Dance!!! :rock_on: 
    PEYTON MANNING SNL UNITED WAY SPOOF: http://youtu.be/ueOyFydWX7s

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    looking forward to it, what would a season be without manning =)

Sun, Nov 2    at New England    4:25 PM

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    He needs to stick to peddling pizzas! 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Reggie Wayne is available. Not sure who's older. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    What?  It's Duck season already? ;)
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• mahenryak
    Options
    mahenryak said:
    What?  It's Duck season already? ;)
    j/k BTW.  In all seriousness, even when you factor in his age, in a league that's driven by QBs you have to ask yourself whose available to us that's going to do any better?  The biggest thing they probably need to do is to get a veteran backup QB that can fill in for Manning.  I've heard, though, that QBs are reluctant to backup for him because they never get any snaps during practice with the starters.

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Archie, Peyton, Eli...football at it's best.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Archie just gets accolades because of his kids. A mediocre QB at best-125TD/173INT with a lifetime QB rating of 67.1. Peyton deserves all of the accolades he gets, Eli deserves some, and Archie deserves very little.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    It didn't help Archie much that he was on a bad team and that may have contributed to his poor rating somewhat.  I have met him and his wife once and they are very nice people.  Good old friendly people. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • mahenryak
    Options
    ...in any event, what a proud papa Archie must be.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Surprised the front office went with Manning again.  Especially with the package deal of Cutler&Marshall available.  We would even throw in 10 million.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Honestly he's over the hill. He has reached Favre level. Minus the **** pics
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    He took a bit of a haircut to come back but I am sure it will be worth it. Cannot wait for the season. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• rsterman
    rsterman Posts: 119
    Options
    I actually think Peyton Manning is a class act, and I'm glad he will play another year.  My sister-in-law lives in CastleRock( a Denver suburb) and is a big fan.  However i think it is a big joke to suggest that he is making a big sacrifice to not take the 15 or so million to give his team more latitude in acquiring new players.  We all know those the ridiculous salaries being paid are just being reallocated in some way! He's already rich as Croesus.
    Berlin, Maryland
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Archie just gets accolades because of his kids. A mediocre QB at best-125TD/173INT with a lifetime QB rating of 67.1. Peyton deserves all of the accolades he gets, Eli deserves some, and Archie deserves very little.
    I hope your just trolling. Archie played for terrible teams including the "aints". You hate the Manning family that bad?
    @rsterman...how many others have you heard doing that. Yes, he's rich but donates more than most. 
    He and his family are class acts.. hard to find today.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DoubleEgger
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think Peyton is one of the greatest QB's of all time and I respect what he's done for the game.  I love students of the game. Do yourself a favor and go out like Jerry Seinfeld. On top. #1. Eli I think is somewhat overrated.  Archie was simply just not that great of a quarterback. Yeah his team stunk blah blah blah but so did Peyton's. Peyton made everybody around better and that's why Indy was good. The family might be good people but that doesn't mean all three are "greats". 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Haters gonna hate. And that's okay it's still a free country last I checked. I've been a Bronco Fan my entire life. I thought Peyton was classy even when he played with the Vols against my Huskers for the Championship game.  He's got moxie and he'll bring that to the team like he has been.  He's a leader, mentor, gives back to the community 10 fold and is very competitive. He like any good competitor strives to be the best.  I'm looking forward to another great season. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    @NPHuskerFLI'm a Steelers fan so I'm still pissed about that Tebow 80 yard OT bomb in the wilcard game.   :o
  • grege345
    Options
    Elway can learn a thing or two from manning on and off and the field. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @DoubleEgger As a Bronco Fan I was happy to see Tebow go. My wife loves him. He's a fine upstanding man and I like him and what he's about & he's a good athlete. But, I never felt he was up to the task of a strong NFL QB. Again I'm not a Tebow hater but, I didn't weep when Elway said he wasn't a good fit or vision for the Broncos.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    I'm gonna get flamed here @DoubleEgger but Tebow is way UNDER RATED imho. I'd give him a chance. Winners are winners. 

Let the flaming begin. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kevin. Buddy. Friend. Amigo. Compadre.
    Tebow was a great college QB because of his receivers and overall team and it was his playground. He just didn't have the same in the NFL. Many Jag fans wanted him here because he's Jax born and raised and would put asses in seats.  At the end of the day I never felt he was NFL QB material. Awesome person, smart, strong and devoted Christian etc ABSOLUTELY.  
    Edit:  And guess what he's still a winner. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    I liked the Kubiak hire, getting Elway and Kubiak back together it is like the 80s all over. I am sure them team will make a good run again next year. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Smokinpig Bring Back The Orange Crush baby! :rock_on: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • ksmyrl
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL I don't disagree. I just would like it see Tebow get his chance in a system that suits him for an entire season. Division 1 Heisman winners/national champions are nothing to sneeze at. Just give him a chance. He saved the Broncos from total embarrassment one season. That's worth something ain't it? Just sayin...

• Smokinpig
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL I like it. we also need the three amigos. This time it is Thomas, Thomas, and Sanders. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• grege345
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    @NPHuskerFL I don't disagree. I just would like it see Tebow get his chance in a system that suits him for an entire season. Division 1 Heisman winners/national champions are nothing to sneeze at. Just give him a chance. He saved the Broncos from total embarrassment one season. That's worth something ain't it? Just sayin...
    Elway didn't like him. Plain and simple