Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Manning is Coming Back

Options
2»

Comments

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @grege345 you said it. I lost a lot of Elway respect that year. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Tebow is doing something he loves and he's able to still be involved in the game he loves. But, let's be honest here I believe he'll eventually want to be doing missions with his family. That's noble too. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I like Peyton, but he isnt the same QB in the playoffs. His playoff record sucks.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    I like Tebow. Liked him at Fl but his game did not translate to the pros. Much like Vince Young, Manziel, Scam Newton. Pocket passers game, very few exceptions like Vick pre prison and R Wilson. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Tebow went  further in his first year than some do in a lifetime. Elway treated him like a joke and said some things that stuck with tebow. Tebow was doomed from that day
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I don't think it was Elway not "liking" Tebow. It was a professional decision that had to be made.  And it wasn't a Elway solo call it was a joint call.  Sometimes tough decisions have to be made. I believe they made a good decision as tough as it may have been.  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    First everQB to be let go after a playoff win I read somewhere. He did get the shaft and never got a fair shake with the Jets. Those horrible Florida franchises were crazy to never take a chance on him. He would have put butts in the seats. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    ESPN did a story on tebow last season. Basically the kid hasn't given up and has been training with some guy that trained brees, Brady, and others. The guy said he's better now than ever. I say he deserves another shot. Just wish he'd tone down his religious beliefs. I believe its a distraction. And yeah. Peyton should retire...but if he would have, who'd Denver get?????
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Smokinpig And the only reason R. Wilson gets away with his style is his Line. Take that away and we would see a different result. Nobody can take away Tebow's college successes or Heisman. His Christian accomplishments stand out more than anything. That's a great thing imo.  It wasn't just the Broncos or the Jets that weren't interested in his skill set it was the League. That should speak volumes. 

Now back to Peyton. Glad to see him back this season. :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Smokinpig Jags tried and he turned it down. 
    Made a lot of folks upset around here.
    http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcsouth&id=35465&src=desktop
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    Thanks Husker, never was aware of that. Peyton is a competitor, now that we put the franchise tag on DT we will have most of the offensive weapons back, look out. Our running backs are deep and there will be a good run scheme under Kubiak which should help PM last the season. Our D was good last year and as far as I know most of them are back. I am getting fired up and it is only March. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I'm ready for football too! Good things. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I would take Tebow over Cutler any day of the week!  I would also take an injured Alex Smith over Cutler though.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I would say Julius Thomas is as good as gone.  @NPHuskerFL have you seen the articles about his father on the downlow posting on a Broncos forum?

He'll be in Oakland or Seattle is my prediction. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @BYS1981 Yes I've seen and heard the scuttlebutt but, I stay hopeful. We'll see I spect. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @BYS1981 Yep. Jags picked up Julius Thomas. Well at least he's with the only other team I cheer for in the NFL. 
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27689183/julius-thomas-signs-5-year-46-million-deal-jaguars
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    With Green and now Daniels I think we will be fine.  We will see if Tamme stays as well.

LBGE Atlanta, GA