Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cow Lickin' Chili Time!!

2»

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    @egret what size DO do you use for this recipe?
    Greensboro, NC
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    I use a 7 qt, I've done it in a 5 qt., but, that's really pushing it.........
  • I realize that I'm bumping a really old thread here, but I've got a question.  I'm planning to make this chili for the Super Bowl, but I'm out of Cow Lick seasoning.  I have the BGE Dizzy Cosmic Cow, which some say has more of a kick to it.  Anyone have any idea how this would work out instead of the Cow Lick
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Should be fine, I like it.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Made some on Saturday - soooooooooo good!  Had a few bowls on Saturday, then put some in an omelet with cheddar cheese on Sunday morning, then made a "cream cheese / chili / shredded cheddar" Dip on Sunday night for a Birthday Party at my parents.  All great.

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Has anyone ever done this chili on a stovetop? Does it alter the flavor without the smoke? My outdoor kitchen and egg are buried under a lot of snow.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Has anyone ever done this chili on a stovetop? Does it alter the flavor without the smoke? My outdoor kitchen and egg are buried under a lot of snow.

I have always made it on the egg, but I'm sure it would be great on the stove.  You will be missing the smoke flavor you get from the egg, but this chili is full of flavor so I think it will still be great. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    okay, cinnamon and chocolate does not at all belong in chili. That's just disgusting. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

Has anyone ever done this chili on a stovetop? Does it alter the flavor without the smoke? My outdoor kitchen and egg are buried under a lot of snow.

Are you an egger or....suck it up
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN