Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seahawks Brisket

Options
In honor of tonight's game, I decided to make a brisket.  I started out with 13.7 pounds of CAB brisket, trimmed down to just under 11 lbs.  Equal parts kosher salt and coarse black pepper rubbed over a thin layer of EVOO, wrapped and refrigerated overnight.  Friday night, I got the Egg to temp (250-ish) and stable, threw in 4 chunks of pecan, PS and configuration, and the meat was on by 6 PM.  My previous brisket attempts took almost 2 hours per pound, so I thought I had plenty of time when I went to bed last night.  This morning, we woke up along with the kids just before 7.  I checked my thermometer and the IT was 203!!!  After only 13 hours, my brisket was done.  I thought I had felt the buttah before, but after this morning I knew that wasn't the case.  Pulled it, FTC, sliced it up for lunch.  Best brisket I've ever made.  It was tender, juicy, flavorful.  I had to add a knife shot because I saw one like it and I wanted to try it out.  I'm definitely gonna do this again!  this is a Seahawks Brisket.  Good quality meat, well prepped, amazing results!

Comments