Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Red Snapper and Yellowfin Tuna recommendations

The great sea god Neptune and his roving harem of mermaid concubines were good to us this past August.   We stuffed ourselves with sashimi on the boat, at the dock, and in the camp and still had plenty of fish leftover to ease the pain of our sunburns and hangovers the following day.  After several more days of mercury intoxication and binge eating, what I then could not stuff down my gullet or share with friends or family was carefully vacuum sealed and tucked away in the deep freeze.

It's now the middle of hunting season and this carnivore is craving some surf-n-turf!

What recommendations do you have for red snapper on the half shell (filleted with skin intact) as well as tuna steaks?   My very first large BGE will be up and running by the end of this month.  (see discussion in the Table Forum for details).  Please share any favorite specific red snapper or tuna recipes and/or techniques with me if you don't mind.  This is a great forum with tons of invaluable information!  Thanks in advance!

-Lindley

==========================================================

P.S.  Here are a few shots from our trip out of Venice, La.

New Orleans, La.  - Large Big Green Egg

Comments