Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chug, chug, chug little MM

Got the little MiniMax chugging away! Having
our holiday gathering with mom today. 6 1/2 lb Prime rib. The MM traveled rather well. Lol!
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax

Comments

• Reverse sear after a 120 IT ... and the finished shot
  • .... and sliced after 20min rest wrapped in foil
  • My MiniMax has proven its worthiness!
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Very nice! How warm did the bottom of the MM get? Any problems keeping it on the gate of the pickup?
  • It didn't even phase the bed liner on the gate ... there's plenty of an air gap
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629

It didn't even phase the bed liner on the gate ... there's plenty of an air gap

I'd say your fine unless your rolling out a bunch of pies at 650℉-750℉ for an extended time. Then I'd have a stone or tile etc.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Nice work RickyBobby!

What did you season your prime rib with? Looks outstanding!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234

It didn't even phase the bed liner on the gate ... there's plenty of an air gap

Thanks.
  • It didn't even phase the bed liner on the gate ... there's plenty of an air gap

I'd say your fine unless your rolling out a bunch of pies at 650℉-750℉ for an extended time. Then I'd have a stone or tile etc.

I honestly doubt that would even bother it

• NPHuskerFL
    ? Perhaps it wouldn't. But, out of sheer precaution I will do this myself. Mine is a sprayed in Rhino Liner. I rather be safe (overkill) than sorry. I'd be super pissed if I melted my liner. Lol
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Nice work RickyBobby!

What did you season your prime rib with? Looks outstanding!
    @cazzy cooked one a few days back and I tried to somewhat follow his cook. Did the board dressing with fresh sage, thyme, rosemary, and tarragon. It was fantastic!

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    What, if any precautions did you take hauling that thing in the back of your truck?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • NPHuskerFL
    The Prime looks Fantastic! =D>
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Greeno55 said:

What, if any precautions did you take hauling that thing in the back of your truck?

My back seat folds down flat in extended cab area and I simply set it in there and drove to my moms. Only 20min drive. Left everything inside of it. No precautions whatsoever.
  • Feet have rubber protection to keep it from sliding around.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Hmmmm, thanks. I'm planning in taking mine in a 2 hour trip. Wasn't sure how to do it. Let me know after you bring it home after the cook if you notice it leaves the truck smelling like a smoke shack. Although, that may not be a bad thing. The clothes I'm wearing to grill today do smell delicious.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    dihtn said:
    Very nice! How warm did the bottom of the MM get? Any problems keeping it on the gate of the pickup?

I have mine on a SS prep table outside next to the large, and up near the siding on my patio, and I have been feeling it up while the MM is roaring.. Not really hot anywhere.. I could see it cooking on the tailgate just fine, only issue is others seeing it in your tailgate when I leave somewhere public!
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • You must really love that little cooker if you're feeling it up! :D
  • Greeno55 said:
    Hmmmm, thanks. I'm planning in taking mine in a 2 hour trip. Wasn't sure how to do it. Let me know after you bring it home after the cook if you notice it leaves the truck smelling like a smoke shack. Although, that may not be a bad thing. The clothes I'm wearing to grill today do smell delicious.

Well, MiniMax is back home in its regular spot. I let it cool completely down @ mom's house before placing it back inside the cab of my truck. It sat inside cab for several hours before we left and I did not notice any bad smoke smell when we jumped in it to leave. Of course the vents were all closed with ceramic cap placed on top and I never opened it up while in the truck either. I will travel often with this little cooker ... that's what it's for & I plan to take full advantage of it!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @RickyBobby‌- Fine looking grub for sure. Way to put that MM to good use.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    @RickyBobby‌- Fine looking grub for sure. Way to put that MM to good use.

I know now that the MiniMax is a serious player. That Prime Rib turned out Eggcellent!
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,715
    If you guys keep posting those photos of the MM I'm going to have to get one!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• If you guys keep posting those photos of the MM I'm going to have to get one!!

@bluebird66‌ ~ if you only have one other larger Egg I feel it makes for a perfect pair! Now if a fella owned a mini or small or even a medium ... I feel it's not really necessary. My wife warned me, and I could tell she was dead serious, that there will be no more Eggs. Lol! But I'm fine with that. I have the XL and now the new MiniMax and really think they match up great together! I can do anything I need to do with this pair.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,715
    I have a small Vision grill that I keep in my RV, but my large looks lonely all by itself!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va