Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's Xmas eve cook

Options
RickyBobby
RickyBobby Posts: 744
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
Wife's family will be over for a 1pm meal. Planning on some pulled Italian beef sammiches! Coated 2 chuckies with EVOO and rubbed down with fresh ground black peppercorn and some garlic sea salt. Set up XL Egg indirect @ 250, with my PitMaster running the show for this cook. Using my AR and poured 3 Miller Lites into the water pan under the chuckies. Plan is to smoke them until they hit an IT of 160 and then transfer them into my cast iron dutch oven and pour in some Italian Au Jus liquid with them. Put lid on DO and run chuckies up to at least 200 IT. At that point I'll pull them off Egg and shred/pull meat and place back in DO and add the saved liquid until I get the desired amount I want to keep the pulled beef moist. Hope all goes well. Merry Xmas to everyone!

.... and this may very well be my last cook as a single Egg owner. Tomorrow at this time I will hopefully be a proud new owner of a MiniMax. Lol!

My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax

Comments