Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cow Lick in Stroganoff

Eggecutioner
Eggecutioner Posts: 628
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Last night for dinner I had Beef Stroganhoff. It was a stove top cook, I didn't use the egg. However, I added a good deal of Cow Lick to the mix. It was wonderful to me but, my 9 year old said "That adds some great flavor Dad." [p]Has anybody tried stroganoff on the egg? I think I might like the smokey flavor.

Comments

• Eggecutioner,
    please provide your resume. .. i finish off all kinds of dishes in the egg.. . no reason the cream sauce wouldn't pick up a little extra flavor by putting your pan on the egg for the last part of the cook .. . you could also certainly stick your pan in the egg for sauteing the meat as well.. . . it would pick up some flavor there too. .. .[p]i love beef stroganhoff, but haven't had it in a long time. ..

• did i say resume?? i meant RECIPE!! .. .geez. ...
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Morning mad max beyond eggdome:[p]I thought for a minute there you were looking to hire a cook for the MadMax homestead!![p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Hi Max,
    I do the front-end prep on the Egg, then finish by adding the grilled meat to sauce on the stove or electric skillet/wok to finish up. My family's spoiled. The few times I don't Egg the meat first, they notice and complain loudly. This method works great for everything...Asian stir-fries, Indian curries, spicy Italian. If you start with the BGE, it's hard to screw up.[p]

• Eggecutioner,
    I made stroganoff on the egg a couple months ago. Unfortunatly I don't have the recipe but I am sure I found something on the Food Network sight and made some changes. I used a #12 Dutch oven (camp style) on the place setter and let it go at 300 all afternoon. It was a little salty but the smoky flavor made it a hit!! I will have to try the Cow Lick next time.

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Sliced my beef (stew meat $2.09) thin accross the grain, like chinese food. Browned the beef in butter after adding some Cow lick. Reduced the heat added finely chopped onion and minced garlic, cooked until onions were translucent. I would have added mushrooms (canned or fresh) but I had none in stock. Added 2 cans of Golden Mushroom condensed soup, paprika, more cow lick, salt and pepper. Stirred until combined. Added milk until creamy. Let bubble for a few minutes, then added a tub of sour cream and a couple table spoons of butter. Let it simmer for 15 munutes or so. Had the egg noodles cooking by this time. The sauce started to tighten up too much, so I added a 2-3 ladles of pasta water to thin it to the way I wanted it. Served it over hot egg noodles and added a little more Cow lick for Garnish.[p]Sure was tasty.[p]Eggecutioner
  • Eggecutioner,
    THANKS!!!

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Your Welcome.