Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped stuffing balls

Options
My niece gave me this idea while we were eating Thanksgiving dinner. Talking about what to make with leftovers.
Took the leftover cornbread dressing. Rolled it into balls a little smaller then a golf ball. Wrapped it in bacon and sprinkled with Everglade Seasoning sent to me by my elf @sixpack1 ..
Cooked indirect 375 raised.
Wow!
These are a winner.
imageimageimageimageimage
"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
New Orleans

Comments

• johnkitchens
    Options
    I would eat that! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Oh HELL YEA! Now I wish I hadn't eaten the all the leftovers. Oh well, mom will cook some more at Christmas.
  • Gman2
    Gman2 Posts: 421
    Options
    Good idea, looks great!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    That sounds great!

Hmm...now what else could be wrapped in bacon? 
    :-?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother that is a great idea and looks awesome to boot =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    I might actually eat stuffing if it was cooked like that.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I wrap almost everything in bacon. Can't believe I never thought of this before. This is a great idea. Bookmarked and thanks for sharing.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    My wife thinks that I put to much seasoning on them. I didn't think so but next time I'll lighten up to keep her happy.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    those are reason enough to make a whole new pan of stuffing!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Thanks for the great idea!
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    Options
    @TigerTony Glad you're enjoying the seasoning, The bacon wrapped stuffing sounds amazing. I'll have to give it a try. Happy Holidays to you and your family....
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• jenericzac
    Options
    Thats a great idea. I've been looking for a way to kick up some stuffing dishes. Wonder if you molded the stuffing into a loaf and then wrapped it in bacon and cooked it like a fatty how it would turn out.  Might make a really nice presentation at the table.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    What sorcery is this???  Great idea!!  On the to do list.  Maybe hit it with a bit of Bone Suckin Sauce as well.   Nom nom nom.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Those look great.  Very creative recipe.  If I may suggest some gravy for dipping ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Out the park for sure..Awesome post...You got me with the title of the thread..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    I believe you have replicated what we have been calling Moinkballs?

Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    Maybe you call these Gobbleballs....but that's another conversation.

Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...