Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

99 Days To Salado Reminder

99 short days on the wall…
99 short days on the wall…
Take one down and pass another reminder around
Leaves 98 short days on the wall…

So here we are under 100 days to Salado. And some of you haven’t made plans yet as to even come to Salado, much less think about who you’re bringing with you, or what you’re cooking, or where you’re staying, and making reservations, and buying Christmas gifts… Oh wait! That’s some else’s responsibility to remind you to buy Christmas Gifts. My job is just to remind you that there are only 99 days left to Salado.

So consider yourself reminded.

Oh yeah, and don’t forget about the two Mini-Max Big Green Eggs we’ll be giving away to some lucky attendees. You have as good a chance to win one as anyone else, but you have to be there to win.

And don’t forget about taking advantage of the Demo Eggs that will be available at a discounted price. No, we don’t yet know the price but we will sometime after the first of the new year. It’s just part of my ‘reminder sequence’ to be sure you don’t miss out on a deal if you’re looking to buy your first Egg or add another one to you collection.

And there’s still time to order your kilt. Yes, that wonderfully refreshing attire that says, “I’m a Man and I’m willing to wear a skirt to prove it.” Wait! That didn’t come out exactly right, but you know what I mean. Here’s a link to check out buying one: http://www.kilts-n-stuff.com/

Finally # 1, yes there will be a Meet & Greet on Friday night and an After Party on Saturday night. Both are comfortably casual and free like everything else at the Salado Eggfest. But you can bring something to eat or drink or sit on or even cook. Yes, there will be EGGS at both parties. The parties are always fun.

Finally # 2, No we’re not taking on-line reservations yet. I'll let you know when.

So now that you have been reminded, I will go back to sleep.

Here’s the Salado Eggfest site:

http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

See you in Salado.

Spring “Fest Scribe” Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,693
    Dear "Fest Scribe" thank you for all you do Sir. Will see you in 99 days.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• You will see me in 98 days, Mickey.  No way I'm going to miss the Meet & Greet Party Friday night.

Spring "Fest Scribe And Meeter & Greeter" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

I will see you both in 98 days. I don't want to miss the party either!!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • The meet and greet is worth going to. Less people so you have time to chat it up. It also gets the liver primed for the after party.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    edited December 2014
    The meet and greet is worth going to. Less people so you have time to chat it up. It also gets the liver primed for the after party.

Sorry Travis but I love that picture of you and Short Travis. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). 

• vchelf
    vchelf Posts: 95

This has been on my bucket list! I may have to give it a try this year! I guess Salado is an easy drive from Houston.

Victor Chelf
    Houston, TX

Just one Large BGE
    Visit my Victor's Vittles blog - dedicated to my Big Green Eggventures

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,014
    vchelf said:

This has been on my bucket list! I may have to give it a try this year! I guess Salado is an easy drive from Houston.

Yes.  The drive there is easy.  Depending on your behavior at the afterparty, the drive back to Houston could be pretty rough.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,118
    vchelf said:

We are shooting up from Galveston. I believe Salado is is the closest Eggfest for us.
    We did the Icefest in MN earlier this year in February. We flew into the twin cities and drove up from there. The 2 hour drive took over 6 hours because of Ice and Snow…I think the high was 12 degrees, yes, the hight temp. lol

Salado will be a walk in the park…You will have a great time. The cast and crew signed up so far might make this year EPIC...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Photo Egg said:
    vchelf said:

We are shooting up from Galveston. I believe Salado is is the closest Eggfest for us.
    We did the Icefest in MN earlier this year in February. We flew into the twin cities and drove up from there. The 2 hour drive took over 6 hours because of Ice and Snow…I think the high was 12 degrees, yes, the hight temp. lol

Salado will be a walk in the park…You will have a great time. The cast and crew signed up so far might make this year EPIC...

Man have you thawed yet? That looks like a lot of fun.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,804
    Foghorn said:

vchelf said:

Yes.  The drive there is easy.  Depending on your behavior at the afterparty, the drive back to Houston could be pretty rough.

Try driving back with your SWMBO, 2mo, AND your in-laws in the same vehicle.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,014
    @caliking, I'm 17 years out from the "I have a 2 month old" stage of my life, but I may very well have SWMBO and my in-laws in tow.  We'll see.  When the in-laws visit from Cape Cod, I am not in charge.  And it is my son's senior year spring break so he's not sure yet what will be going on.  I hope to be there, but at this point that is all I can do - hope.  I have a reservation in the "passed out face down in the grass" section.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    Never been to an event like this. Are samples of the cooks available for purchase?
    I have only been egging since July, but am thoroughly hooked on it. Just 3 hours north so I guess this could be a day trip. Which would be the best day of the event to enjoy the full experience?

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• @H12mike:  The Salado Eggfest is one of the only fests that is totally free to attend.  You can taste all you can hold!  Pretty great deal, huh?!  You should really try to make it down.  There are lots of us that have cooked there since the fest started 4 years ago.  You won't be disappointed.  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Some of the good is so good you'll feel guilty not paying for it...but, the beer kills the guilt.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    Yep. Hard to feel guilty, when you're passed out.

Where you at in TX, @H12mike‌?

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    I'm looking forward to going to this.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    caliking said:
    Yep. Hard to feel guilty, when you're passed out. Where you at in TX, @H12mike‌?

Highland Village.

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• Mickey
    H12mike said:
    caliking said:
    Yep. Hard to feel guilty, when you're passed out. Where you at in TX, @H12mike‌?

Highland Village.

PLUS we are giving away (for free) two new Mini Max. You are only 2 1/2 hours out. Please come

• What is the best airport to fly into? You guys are killing me. I'm seriously considering a weekend trip with the wife.
  • caliking

@H12mike - plan to stay for Sat night. Hit the eggfest during the day, then attend the afterparty in the evening. A very fun time, you won't owe a penny (except for lodging and /or bail, but Mickey "knows people"). Beverages to share are welcome, unless you're ok with raiding henapple's PBR.

Plan to cook on Saturday during the eggfest if you can. Eggs and lump are provided. Some folks share an egg to cook different things. or just come and hang out, and eat a lot of good food :) 

• What is the best airport to fly into? You guys are killing me. I'm seriously considering a weekend trip with the wife.
    I've been to a lot of fests and this is the best one IMHO.What's even better is SWMBO likes it as much as I do. I believe Austin is the best airport and I'm going to try and get there. No direct flights from Toronto but the drive from Dallas was a bear last year.

Steve 

Caledon, ON