Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Put A Fork In It, Done W/T&H

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,675
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
5 meals, I am done with turkey and ham. 20lb whole ham bone (with lots of meat) back to the market today to be cut in half and both into the freezer. Not any T or H till Christmas at the earliest. Burgers sure sound good.......Now that I think about it, Christmas is going to be No T or H!
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I'm with you Mickey but I still have one more round to go. For a twist on the leftover turkey I made some turkey egg rolls Really good for a twist.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    You ain't calling quits this early are you? I'm just getting warmed up my friend ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Do pernil for Christmas. Or beef, I suppose.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I LOVE ham! Doc says no so I haven't had a single bite of it in over a year. Can't imagine complaining about too much .

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mickey
    Options
    I LOVE ham! Doc says no so I haven't had a single bite of it in over a year. Can't imagine complaining about too much .

Michael I have had toooooo damn much (and I love the burnt ends).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I guess I like Ham more than Turkey.

I cook a Turkey for Thanksgiving and a Ham for Xmas and again for Easter.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Agreed Mickey. I'm thinking crown roast for Christmas!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Agreed Mickey. I'm thinking crown roast for Christmas!

Did that last Christmas and it was a nice change. I get tired of turkey but never ham.
    Dunedin, FL
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Agreed @mickey. I made some Turkey enchiladas last night to polish off the left overs. They were great but I'm glad I have to cook something else today for the game. Maybe some wing apps and buffalo burgers. After we chop down our Christmas tree of course.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Agreed. I tend to do a prime rib for xmas.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    I like Turkey.  In another month I'll ready for more.  

We'll turn some of the left overs into pot pies and freeze them for an easy meal on a cold day.  
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    Options
    When I'm all turkey'd out, pizza seems to hit the spot better than anything.   :)

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    Soup's on right now.  We will be eating this from the freezer for quite a while. The aftermath of 2 turkeys.  Wife is at the store picking up some steak for dinner tonight.
    Milton, GA.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Mickey ...Maybe you need to try some MCR on your turkey....no way would you get tired of it then !!!!!

I'm ready for another one !!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,490
    Options
    Agree with the food audible-doing a brisket for Sunday.  Next whole turkey cook will be the fourth Thurs in Nov 2015.  But it was most eggcellent.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Christmas is a great time for BGE prime rib roast!

bge
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    We always do either prime rib or filets and lobster on Christmas eve. ..finger food Christmas day.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Options
    Burgers very good off the Mini.

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I cooked 4 turkeys during the last few days. One test turkey and two Thanksgiving Day and one yesterday (because it was thawed out I had to cook it).  I've been eating noting but turkey, My wife and daughters had had enough.....so  I just finished making a huge batch of turkey salad with all the left over turkey. I'm not sick of it yet :)
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans