Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Thanksgiving dish makes your thanksgiving unique

Options
2»

Comments

• cottonseed
    Options
    Oyster Dressing.

Smoked mac and cheese.
    Atlanta, GA
    Large Egg ~1998 model
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @Egger_Girl
    Welcome and good luck with the bird, you can make it your first Post with pics.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Egger_Girl
    Options
    Thanks @JRWhitee‌
    Yep, I'm a girl and it's my XLBGE not his.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    @Egger_Girl

Welcome and happy Thanksgiving... I am looking forward to some of your cooks :)
  • itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    Growing up, it was my grandmother's cinnamon stewed apples.  May have to add those to the table in her honor this year.
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Homeade cranberry sauce.  Good on everything!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    Italian sausage stuffing using my mom's recipe.  Thanksgiving is just not the same without it. 

Long Island, NY
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    And is it on this list?

www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/11/25/upshot/thanksgiving-recipes-googled-in-every-state.html?emc=edit_th_20141126&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=48461466&_r=0&abt=0002&abg=1
    Options

Thanksgiving is the one event we have hosted every year. My husband is a professor, so many of his coworkers came from out of town and needed a place to go. We called it our 'refugee' Thanksgiving and have done it for as long as we have been together, 20+ years.

Now we mostly have those same refugees but also family. The Ultimate Thanksgiving dish is a smoke Turkey, done by a BBQ joint in town. I know...the heresy! But we do a 10K every Thanksgiving morning so I do not have time to do the Turkey. So we have that lovely bird..and Manchego Cheese Mashed Taters, and Cornbread Sausage Stuffing. Oh and the gravy...must have the gravy!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @hapster‌ Care to share the recipe or is it a family secret?
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:

@hapster‌ Care to share the recipe or is it a family secret?

No problem...

I made 3 batches of the below

1 bag of pepperidge farm herbed stuffing
    1 stick of salted butter
    1 lg onion diced
    3 PC of celery sliced/chopped
    1 pound bob evens country sage sausage Cooked and then food processed into crumbs.
    2 cups water or chicken broth

Sautée the veggies in the butter in a stock pot till tender. Add the sausage and sautée for about 10min. Add the broth and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and add the seasoned bread crumbs. Stir till fluffy...

If u have a big pot you can do as many batches as will fit.
  • NEWB_IN_NOLA
    Options
    Oyster Dressing Shrimp and mirliton casserole
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We're making mirliton casserole.  I bought a sack of oysters but we ate most of them tonight char broiled on the egg.  The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  Or maybe hell is over-rated, those oysters were delicious.
    Options
    @evie1370‌ do you have a recipe for the cornbread sausage stuffing? Thanks

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

shtgunal3 said:
    @evie1370‌ do you have a recipe for the cornbread sausage stuffing? Thanks

Sure do, it is from the Food Network, Anne Burrell. I get a lot of my recipes there, see below link. Note I used only one cup of the cranberries as it would have been too sweet and substituted Turkey Sausage as a personal preference. Enjoy!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.