Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shepherd's/Cottage Pie Tonight

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
Due to various factors; bitterly cold weather, work travel, and the arrival of my Anova... I've been doing a bit more indoor cooking lately and my eggs have been ignored. The wind died down this afternoon and it was around freezing, so I manned up and fired up the XL. 

A few substitutions to this.

I used ground beef instead of lamb, so maybe this is Cottage Pie? Or is there really a distinction?  And if there is, is the meat type the qualifier? :-??

I also just used the rest of a bag of frozen veggies and Dizzy Pig Cow Lick in place of the Salt and Pepper.

It's finishing on the egg indirect right now. Here's the progress pics so far. I'm getting hungry...

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments