Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max in SF Bay Area....

4 arriving tomorrow, one left to sell.  

Next shipment in 4 weeks.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    What kinda price you get quoted?
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • MSRP in CA is $649 (nest included).

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Wonder what others here have paid ...
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    $599 in other parts of the country.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Soooooooooooo, is one yours?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Why do folks keep saying " nest included"? The Max is shipped in one box so it's not like they could charge separately for it. Only extra would be a PS, stone and WOO from CGS when they become available.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • 598.00 plus 49.95 for the setter is what i had to pay. Just think of California as its own country and you will understand. I won't take a load out there anymore don't really care what it pays. After all the laws changed jan. 1st of this year they can figure out how to get freight and that is part of the reason on the higher prices.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412

Why do folks keep saying " nest included"? The Max is shipped in one box so it's not like they could charge separately for it. Only extra would be a PS, stone and WOO from CGS when they become available.

Yeah it'd be a shame for someone to get charged for a nest. :-w :D
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited November 2014
    @Jeremiah‌ Touché =))
    edit: you receive your Max yet?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @NPHuskerFL‌ No. And I'm getting angrier by the day. It's be one thing if I ordered it a week ago, but I was one of the first to preorder months ago. Oh well, it'll come when it comes. Nest and all. :D
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Mickey said:
    Not sure if this is directed at me....no, I own 4 large and 1 Xlarge that seem to meet all my cooking needs at this time.  I cook for two most of the time and do the sides as well as the proteins. The large is tight for space on most of my backyard cooks.  I do see the smaller Eggs having value in off site cooking such as camping and tailgating.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234
    Little off topic-I live in Indiana-my dealer in Indianapolis will receive their initial order the first week of December. Not sure how many they ordered-I prepaid for mine. A little disappointed it won't be here for Thanksgiving but they are at the mercy of BGE. Thanks to Rich @ Sullivan's Hardware for doing a great job keeping me updated.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Mickey said:
    Not sure if this is directed at me....no, I own 4 large and 1 Xlarge that seem to meet all my cooking needs at this time.  I cook for two most of the time and do the sides as well as the proteins. The large is tight for space on most of my backyard cooks.  I do see the smaller Eggs having value in off site cooking such as camping and tailgating.

I was just asking if you picked up one for yourself. I do like mine.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:

Am I mistaken or don't you on the retail store Eggs by the bay?
    Brandon, MS
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited November 2014
    Yes, we have a Big Green Egg store called Eggs by the Bay here in the SF Bay Area.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA