Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil recipe

Tractor
Tractor Posts: 288
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is a great London Broil marinade I have used for several years. Thought I'd share it with everyone:[p]0.5 cup soy sauce
0.5 cup olive oil
4.5 tbsp honey
6 lg. garlic cloves minced
3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried)
1.5 tbsp coarse grnd black pepper
1.5 tsp salt
2.5 lb london broil or flank steak[p]Allow to marinate in your refrigerator for at least 2 hrs.

Comments

• Tractor, sounds great. I was thinking LB for tomorrow. I'll give it a shot.

• sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    edited September 2013
    I tried this marinade tonight on a 2lb London Broil and it was freakin awesome. Marinated it for 6 hours and tossed it on a 600 degree Egg for 2 minutes per side right over the flames. Flipped it a 3rd time, shut all the vents, and let it sit for 2 more minutes. Then foiled it and let it rest for 10 minutes. My wife and daughters (who are Georgia Peaches) literally licked their plates. Served it with oven roasted potatoes with rosemary, garlic, and onions and almond green beans.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    I've used a similar recipe (without Rosemary, otherwise the same) for a long time. Agree it's fantastic. I love how the honey helps create a great bark on the roast. Any pics?
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Thanks so much for this. I've never known what to do with a London broil.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Tractor
    Tractor Posts: 288
    THANKS! Glad y'all like it! I was way overdue to sign in and post!
  • Tractor said:
    Here is a great London Broil marinade I have used for several years. Thought I'd share it with everyone:[p]0.5 cup soy sauce
    0.5 cup olive oil
    4.5 tbsp honey
    6 lg. garlic cloves minced
    3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried)
    1.5 tbsp coarse grnd black pepper
    1.5 tsp salt
    2.5 lb london broil or flank steak[p]Allow to marinate in your refrigerator for at least 2 hrs.

using this tonight.
    thanks for the idea.
    In the Pacific Northwest We cook outside! Year round! 
  • photolew
    photolew Posts: 12
    Going to give this a whirl today....gotta love 16 year old posts
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited August 2018
    This sounds like a great recipe and I’ve been hankering for a flank. One tip for all (maybe it’s 2) Just smash your garlic and leave the rosemary on the stem. Use more if you’re worried about not getting enough flavor. This way you won’t have all the little bits that can burn. 
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Sounds good to me too! Will try it today if we don't get rained out. Thanks Tractor for sharing.

Opelika, Alabama
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Was looking for a good LB marinade and am going to try this for tomorrow.  If anyone has other tips, please share.  
    Milton, GA.
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Haven't done a LB but I look at them,,,,,I do a similar marinade for my Tritips and flanks. Stayed away from the LB cause I think they are tougher piece of meat but I think ill give it a go.
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m