Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picked up my mini max today.

Here it is. Seems to be a little on the heavy side but still portable.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Awesome brother!! Enjoy it my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    You will love it...
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Congrats. Yeah its not like the mini as far as portability but it does hold alot more.
  • fannin
    fannin Posts: 18
    Haven't had a chance to cook on it but did try to see what all fits. So far a 8lb pork butt. My 12" cast iron skillet that I make deep dish pizzas in. Tried the Dutch oven but it's to tall. Also the termometer is the same size as all the other eggs so it protrudes a good bit into the egg that's the only issue I've seen so far. That's an easy fix, I can just remove it and use my maverick probe on the grid.
  • fannin
    I had a large nest sitting around so I tried and it fits well in it. I have a medium which isn't assembled that I'll try too. Looks like it will to with the measurements I took.
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    It looks cute in that nest. Kind of like it wants to grow up and be a large some day.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • I'm pretty jealous of everyone and their new mini max.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Just got mine as well today. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    All of you guys make me sick.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • dboram
    dboram Posts: 54
    @Mickey did ya score that at the Salado Ace?
    Houston, Texas
    Large, MiniMax, and another Large.
  • Mickey
    dboram said:
    @Mickey did ya score that at the Salado Ace?

Yes Sir.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @mickey what would it cost to ship a mini and carten to Alabama. :-? Congrats on the MM

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• fannin said:
    Haven't had a chance to cook on it but did try to see what all fits. So far a 8lb pork butt. My 12" cast iron skillet that I make deep dish pizzas in. Tried the Dutch oven but it's to tall. Also the termometer is the same size as all the other eggs so it protrudes a good bit into the egg that's the only issue I've seen so far. That's an easy fix, I can just remove it and use my maverick probe on the grid.
    I imagine you'd have to add additional lump during cooking if you cooked an 8lb butt?  I'd love to get one for like steaks and other small cooks for me and the missus.
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • shtgunal3 said:
    @mickey what would it cost to ship a mini and carten to Alabama. :-? Congrats on the MM
    Hang tight, they will be in AL shortly. In fact come to Brooks and Collier on 11/29, I will be doing a demo cook. You might get yours then

• shtgunal3 said:

Hang tight, they will be in AL shortly. In fact come to Brooks and Collier on 11/29, I will be doing a demo cook. You might get yours then

Where's this??? Brooks & Collier?
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    @DoofusOfTheDay‌ you can easily do a 8 lb shoulder. I did a 7 pounder when I got mine and the fire box was still almost full the next day.
  • Mickey
    shtgunal3 said:

Can't do that anymore. I sent one Mini to Afganastan with Distributer's blessing (they gave it to me if I would get it to the war zone). A friend up north couldn't get one so I bought one and sent it (he paid for it) to him. The Distributer was not happy as something accross other distributors lines. So can't do that again. But I go to Seaside, FL every year and would be glad to buy one and you meet me on 1-10 give it to you. Bet you will have them in your area by June. They are giving me two to give away in March at the Salado Fest.

• shtgunal3
    @mickey I was referring to your mini and carten since you bought a new MM. I want a mini not a mini max.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    @crimsongator unfortunately I'm working on the 29th.

• Mickey said:
    shtgunal3 said:

Can't do that anymore. I sent one Mini to Afganastan with Distributer's blessing (they gave it to me if I would get it to the war zone). A friend up north couldn't get one so I bought one and sent it (he paid for it) to him. The Distributer was not happy as something accross other distributors lines. So can't do that again. But I go to Seaside, FL every year and would be glad to buy one and you meet me on 1-10 give it to you. Bet you will have them in your area by June. They are giving me two to give away in March at the Salado Fest.
    @Mickey, what is in Sarasota? That is where I grew up
  • Lit said:
    @DoofusOfTheDay‌ you can easily do a 8 lb shoulder. I did a 7 pounder when I got mine and the fire box was still almost full the next day.
    wow, that's fabulous!
    Gregg
    Large BGE Owner since December of 2013!
    Marietta, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Sighted a MM at my dealer's today-wish the SBGE had the MM firebox design as that would be quite the cooking machine.  I think @badinfluence (he the owner of all makes and models of BGE's) described the target market quite well a couple of weeks ago: anyone who wants to go hot&fast (restaurants or tail gate parties etc) will see the immediate value.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    @Crimsongator‌ We go to Seaside each year.

• Well got home last night from work and my wife had a suprise waiting for me.

Yep ya all guessed correct my new mini max. First iimpression so far...Damn thing is heavy.But i can see alot of burgers and dogs being grilled on this little baby. As. Far as low and slo w I got plant of other eggs for that.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @badinfluence‌ Welcome to the MM club! Doesn't that make it a bakers dozen? :-?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    fannin said:
    Here it is. Seems to be a little on the heavy side but still portable.
    What city and state are you in?  I already paid for mine over two weeks ago and no word yet on delivery out west!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Welcome to the Mini Max Club!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mickey
    @‌badinfluence I noticed the same thing on "heavy", thought I had just gotten a lot older.

• fannin
    I'm in southern Maryland. My dealer got 2 in so far.