Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My DizzyFest 7 Wrap Up

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Just thought I would post a recap of my first Eggfest cooking experience. 
Back in August when I finally got a cook team assembled, all the cook spots were filled. So I was wait-listed and found out Monday that we had a spot.

Both my wife and I had really busy weeks, but thanks to heaps of help from her and a few late nights tweaking recipes and shopping, we pulled everything together.

Our team consisted of the 2 of us and my buddie who just got a LBGE this year and his wife. Our 3 kiddos and their 2 also tagged along and were mostly well behaved. A few trips to the truck for 30 second conversations were needed on occasion. Why was I a perfect angel at 12, 10, and 5, but my children aren't? :^o

The only thing I forgot was hot pads. And @JRWhitee I did make a list, checked it several times, I just forgot to put hot pads on the list. :) Upside down sheet pans did the trick in place of hot pads.

One other little snafu along the way. I needed to soften the cream cheese for the stuffed mushrooms, and considering the temp when we arrived was a balmy 27*, I put the cream cheese on the dash of my truck with the sun shining in. This was a bit after 7:00AM. I remembered said cream cheese around 2:00PM when I was going to mix the filling. Hmm...Yeah, it was warm, warmer than I would trust serving to folks. I would have tried it, but no way I was going to serve it after sitting on a warm dash for about 7 hours. So I picked up new cream cheese on the way back to the hotel and made the shrooms for the after party.

I learned heaps, met lots of really cool people, and thoroughly enjoyed the whole event.

Here are some photos of what we cooked, hopefully the recipe PDF attaches correctly as well.

Setup time:

Pineapple Head Apple Pie Bites
Prep:

On Egg:

Served:

Raging River Bacon Wrapped Tots
Prep:

Served:

Fajitaish Chicken Tostadas
Prep:

Finished:

Mediterraneanish Stuffed Pork Loin
No prep photos, I should have had someone else take pics while I was stuffing and tying it.
Finished:

About halfway through slicing:

Bombay Curryish Stuffed Mushrooms at the afterparty:

It was a great weekend. If you enjoy cooking for folks, I highly recommend Eggfest cooking.

A huge shout out to the fine folks at Dizzy Pig who ran the fest very well. I know @captjo is on here, and Nature Boy, and there may be others as well. Joleen, Chris, Sydney and everyone there, thank you!

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments