Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good BGE dealers in Dallas?

My buddy is buying an Egg for his brother as a wedding gift. (What a guy, huh?) His brother will be getting married in Dallas, so we figure the easiest thing to do is order from a dealer closest to him. I can see that there are multiple dealers in the area. Any suggestions on the best one? Cheapest? Best customer service?

Thanks all!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    I don't know about good, but on the BGE home page, there's a 'dealer' finder. Just punch in the zip code. Good luck.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Dallas is a big place. Can you be more specific?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578

One of the nicest Eggheads around is Wesley Tuttle and he sells Eggs at Barbeques Galore in Allen, TX.  190 E Stacy Rd #1602, Allen, TX 75002, (972) 678-3060.  He will always be ready to help your friend with any questions or problems.

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Chad Amburn at Premier Grillling in Frisco, TX. 
  • On my side of town (just north of DFW airport), the best is BBQ Outfitters in Southlake IMO. Great people who have always been helpful, patient and kind to the novice (me). They always have Ozark Oak, various big bags of wood chunks, and lots of rubs and accessories. Someone told me that they sell the most BGE's in Dallas, but I don't know if it's true or not. 

No affiliation...just a happy customer. 

BBQ Outfitters
    2366 E Texas 114 Frontage Rd,
    Southlake, TX 76092
    (817) 329-1800
    www.bbqoutfitters-southlake.com

I do hear that Premier Grilling is a great place as well. I just haven't made it over there since BBQ Outfitters is much closer to me. 
    Just chillin' and lovin' the eggin' life! Facebook • My Graphic Design Website
  • +1 on Wesley Tuttle
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Perhaps a dumb question, but since you said he's getting married in Dallas, does he actually live there too? I got married in Durham, NC and while I would have been very appreciative if somebody had gotten me an egg there for the wedding, I definitely would have bitched a bit when it came time to try and pack it in the Honda Civic I was driving then and drive it back to Baltimore.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Natural Selections in Carrollton should be hands down cheaper than anyone else in town. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

Once you get your Egg, head up to Denton to visit Tom at the Ceramic Grill Store.  I was there last week and it was nice to see all the products in action.  It's amazing how many combinations you can make out of the racks he sells.  I got a spider and wok for my large, and used it for the first time Sunday night......works great

They don't sell BGE's, but the have three of the competitors there if you want to see the differences.  They do have temp controllers, pizza stones, etc for all of them.

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks to everyone for the advice. My buddy went with BBQ's Galore in Allen, and got a large with accessories, and a smoking good deal. @TUTTLE871‌ thanks for hooking my buddy up! Y'all are great!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• There is also Premier Grilling in Plano.
    Lubbock, TX
    Large BGE
  • Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    I second Narural Selectons in Carrollton. Cheapest prices in DFW.
    McKinney, TX