Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Speaking of Harbor Freight.......

Options

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    =)) Thanks for the laugh. Needed one today.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Why all the HF bashing? I think they provide an important niche in the tool market today. Not all of us can afford, or need, the brand name stuff.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    That was good....and at least partly true !!!!

Thanks for posting !

DD

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Hi-larious!!!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I need to get me a mohel knife. Does anybody know where I can get me a walrus brisket? I'm assuming 250F indirect, but any handy rule like an hour per pound? Or hour and a half? Or should I go turbo walrus brisket?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• jrf316
    jrf316 Posts: 55
    Options
    :)) =)) =D> ^:)^
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited October 2014
    Options

Why all the HF bashing? I think they provide an important niche in the tool market today. Not all of us can afford, or need, the brand name stuff.

Same reason you'll get told you have to buy a thermapen LMAO. Guys here are bourgy.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Same reason you'll get told you have to buy a thermapen LMAO. Guys here are bourgy.
    Or it may be on account that they sell  cheap garbage.
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I was staring at this saying to myself what the hell is a melignating variable intensity multifunction power tool.

#-o
    Aurora,OH
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    I was staring at this saying to myself what the hell is a melignating variable intensity multifunction power tool.

#-o
    Same here.  I haven't finished my coffee yet and was thinking how tired I must be.

Thanks for the post!  I need to get me a manual chain saw!
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I love it! Especially the noise and fume generator. =))
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Or it may be on account that they sell  cheap garbage.

They don't They just don't meet your standards ( I would assume). I'm still LMAO about the lead in the cast iron theory (or paranoia).
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    $50 for a nose picking kit?? Does it eat the boogers too?
    Flint, Michigan
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Hilarious!  I printed these out and handed them to people.  It was interesting at some.  They were like skimming then they started reading, then laughing.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    HFT is great for single use tools. Cheaper than renting in many cases.

And yes, I do need several plastic cylinders full of bungie cords....

For tools you expect to use more than once or twice, not the right place to buy.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Spring Chicken
    Options

There's some good stuff in there. 

I was just in my shop and thought I really could use a nail unbender to help with some bent nails I've collected over the years.  Actually, they weren't exactly 'bent' they were 'crooked' and unfortunately, the nail unbender in the ad did not repair crooked nails, only bent ones, and even those had to be 'left-sided' nails.

I've got a garage full of tools that were purchased because they did something that no other tool could or would do.  But they sit unused because they came with no instructions and I forgot which problem I purchased them to solve.  Like the 'Manual Un-Saw' for example.  Great tool when you need it but finding the instructions on how to use it is virtually impossible.  I'm told that one can take steps to eliminate the need for an Un-Saw but it requires a great deal of patience, improved accuracy in selecting the correct saw point, and following through with a 'tweaking cutter' which, by the way, is no longer made in the USA.

There's something to be said for having 'a tool for everything' but I'm beginning to think I'm being coaxed into buying tools to repair tools that don't exist.  But I keep buying them in the hope that one day I'll have the right tool  for something that might need fix'n. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Spring "Safe Harbor When You Need It" Chicken

Spring Texas USA