Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sec

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Just so we're all clear. ..the SEC has 5 of the top 10 teams in the AP poll. 4 from the west. I would love to see ND or OSU or USC play that schedule. Tennessee plays bama, Georgia, Ole Miss, S Carolina and Oklahoma. @Fred19Flintstone‌. ..come on down blue.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

It's been open season for Wolverine bashers the past couple of years.  How embarrassing!  Kinda puts a hitch in my trash-talking.  I got a Michigan State fan in my office.  He's been brutal this season! 

:-@

I hate you.

Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    No one cares. Baseball is on. :D
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The SEC is king. Period.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    SGH said:

The SEC is king. Period.

Not really. The NFL is, not their little league.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    You should check-out the extra inning baseball game happening right now.  Giants and Cardinals.  

And I will admit I enjoy college football a whole lot more than the No Fun League (at least until the December playoffs).  Have not watched any No Fun League games yet-time for that post World Series at a minimum. College game has much more creativity and a whole lot less script.  But to each their own...YMMV-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I love the SEC they have been providing good drama for weeks on end. Can't forget the ACC. I will agree at the current moment the SEC has domination. This will not stay this way.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    You spelled it wrong...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    DMW said:

You spelled it wrong...

That's the SEC edumacation
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • henapple
    Options

I love the SEC they have been providing good drama for weeks on end. Can't forget the ACC. I will agree at the current moment the SEC has domination. This will not stay this way.

It has for years. Competition breeds quality...unless you're a liberal democrat. >:)
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited October 2014
    Options
    SEC rules. 

A - lmost
    C - ollege
    C - onference

GA Tech is in the ACC. Enough said. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited October 2014
    Options
    henapple said:

Just so we're all clear. ..the SEC has 5 of the top 10 teams in the AP poll. 4 from the west. I would love to see ND or OSU or USC play that schedule. Tennessee plays bama, Georgia, Ole Miss, S Carolina and Oklahoma. @Fred19Flintstone‌. ..come on down blue.

We played it for decades and beat some of the Best SEC teams to play the game. The tables have turned. I can assure you it won't stay this way. Enjoy it while ya can. Don't discount other divisions and teams just because they're not in the SEC. Like I already said there is NO denying the SEC IS 100% dominating right now. Go Huskers GBR!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    No question the SEC top to bottom is the best and most dominant conference around and has been for years.  It is nothing short of a gauntlet.  The interesting thing this year will be to see if the up and comers, Ole Miss and MS State, can finish the season strong when teams like Florida, LSU and 'Bama are either having a down year (for them) or rebuilding. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    Options
    Nebraska can't even win in the Big 10 West. Nothing, but a bottom dweller league. Hell the worse team in the SEC West, Arkansas would easily win that joke of a league. SEC will be dominate for as long as they want and everyone else will **** and whine like little bottom boys they are.
  • henapple
    Options
    I remember the first year of the SEC division championship. They said we'd never win the title because of the extra game. 1998. TN vs FSU...Tee Martin, Peerless Price, Al Wilson...first ring of the split SEC. Since then Florida, LSU, Alabama, Auburn have dominated the championship. I look forward to the playoff. I wish it was 8 teams.
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited October 2014
    Options
    EggerinLA said:

Nebraska can't even win in the Big 10 West. Nothing, but a bottom dweller league. Hell the worse team in the SEC West, Arkansas would easily win that joke of a league. SEC will be dominate for as long as they want and everyone else will **** and whine like little bottom boys they are.

Dude. Let me quote you. Don't speak of what you know nothing about. Nebraska, Oklahoma, Alabama, Notre Dame, Etc have all had National Championships. We've had ONE loss this year. You obviously don't know Jack about this. Nor do you know about The University of Nebraska's long time respect in college sports. I respect the SEC & all divisions for that matter.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    He is just yanking your chain @NPHuskerFL. I think he is trying to rile you up. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options

+1 That's because he's a Troll.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nah, he never does that...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    Options
    Troll? Maybe, but not a naive boy who thinks his team is respected and feared. Nebraska had a good run a long time ago, but they key word is long. Nebraska has a tough time keeping their top talent in state let alone recruit top talent outside of NB to go to that cowpatty city of Lincoln. Reality check. Nebraska will be average at best. Hell they ran from the Texas league because the longhorns made them their ****. Nebraska is in the weakest division in one of the weakest leagues and still suck. Times have changed since those good ole days husky. Nebraska is a victim of a new era which they have no place.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

SEC rules. 

A - lmost
    C - ollege
    C - onference

So is Florida State. Who's the defending National Champion again? Didn't Auburn lose?

Plus, the best college sport starts in a month.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    SEC rules. 

A - lmost
    C - ollege
    C - onference

So is Florida State. Who's the defending National Champion again? Didn't Auburn lose? Plus, the best college sport starts in a month.
    It's a joke bro! 

• henapple
    Options
    Woo. ..
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

SEC rules. 

A - lmost
    C - ollege
    C - onference

So is Florida State. Who's the defending National Champion again? Didn't Auburn lose?

Plus, the best college sport starts in a month.

It's a joke bro! 

I know. I'm just adding to the festivities. I don't care for college football because the NCAA sucks. I barely care about college basketball but I follow it because it's my first love.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    EggerinLA said:

Troll? Maybe, but not a naive boy who thinks his team is respected and feared. Nebraska had a good run a long time ago, but they key word is long. Nebraska has a tough time keeping their top talent in state let alone recruit top talent outside of NB to go to that cowpatty city of Lincoln. Reality check. Nebraska will be average at best. Hell they ran from the Texas league because the longhorns made them their ****. Nebraska is in the weakest division in one of the weakest leagues and still suck. Times have changed since those good ole days husky. Nebraska is a victim of a new era which they have no place.

Disagree. Left the 12 when it's demise was all but, etched in stone. I would disagree most folks still respect us. It's my team so, I'm passionate about it. And yes, I do believe we'll be back in the top Ten soon enough. You can heckle me but, I believe in a winning tradition. Nebraska is college football. This is Nebraska's NFL so, I again believe we'll be back. I've been a fan since birth when we were in the BIG8, then the Big12 & now the Big10.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Husker - With all due respect, he's just a troll.  Arguing with a troll is like wrestling a pig in mud.  Sooner or later you figure out he likes it.
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited October 2014
    Options

Husker - With all due respect, he's just a troll.  Arguing with a troll is like wrestling a pig in mud.  Sooner or later you figure out he likes it.

FWIW I hate seeing Blue in the state they're in this year. I would feel safe to assume that Hoke is history. The sad part is y'all had a good bunch of top recruits this year. They'll be back.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I hope soon.  Hoke will be gone right after the season and I hope the bleeding stops then.
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Brady Hoke doesn't even seem like himself this year @Fred19Flintstone‌ even before the losses.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Another coaching change is giving Michigan a bad rep as a school with a revolving door on the coach's office.  I didn't think it was a good idea to fire Rich Rodriguez.  But he was termed as "not a Michigan man" and was cut loose.  Stupid.
    Flint, Michigan