Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Eggcessory thanks Brother @SGH

Options
2»

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    SGH said:

@hapster‌
    Trust me when say that once you wield a 14" breaking knife that there is no turning back my friend. It's almost a magical feeling.

I spent years watching my pop sharpen his little 3 bladed Craftsman folder on a whetstone for sharpening his pencils, opening mail, and any surgeries needed around the house. Sharp enough to shave a balloon, he carried it till he went into hospice... Always told me if I was asked why I was carrying a knife, tell the officer that it wasn't a knife, it's a pencil sharpener. He identified most with St. Joseph, the carpenter. After 35+ plus missions as a pilot of a B-17; he did 3 years or pre-med before deciding it wasn't for him. Started as a carpenter and in a few years was a superintendent, a job he did very well for over 40 years.

The two lessons I remember most from my dad(probably cause they were both practical, and funny)... The only good blade was a sharp one; and sometime, there's nothing better than the feel of your fist being ear deep in a complete ahole's face...

Sorry... Yes. No matter the length; I keep my blades sharp.

Please excuse the longish explanation... It's amazing what some single malt will do to your jaw(or thumbs in this case)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Zarcon‌
    I'm not computer savy at all my friend. That said I have a video of me laying out and stuffing a pork shoulder and then tying with jetnet. If I email it to you will you post it for me. I was going to get cazzy to do it but after my rant the other day I didn't feel it was appropriate to ask him. What say ye?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    @SGH - Absolutely, I will do it for you. I will even tell you how you can do it in the future too, it's really not that hard.

I will PM you my personal email address so I can post it for you.
  • SGH
    Options
    Thank you brother Zar. I have had a lot of requests for the shoulder video. I would love to get it out there for everyone to see.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zarcon
    Options
    No problem at all. I sent you a PM with my email. You can even link the video in these forums once its uploaded if you want.
  • SGH
    Options
    Brother believe me when I say that I can't.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:

Thank you brother Zar. I have had a lot of requests for the shoulder video. I would love to get it out there for everyone to see.

How was the video taken? From your iPhone?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:

I was going to get cazzy to do it but after my rant the other day I didn't feel it was appropriate to ask him.

I was looking for this rant you posted and couldn't find it. I guess that means it never happened. ;)
  • SGH
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    My wife shot it with a camcorder.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Shot^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• Zarcon
    Options
    @SGH - Is that the past tense for shotted?
  • SGH
    Options
    This aggravating phone is about to make me bust a spring. That should have read: Shot with a camcorder. Sorry.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:

@cazzy‌
    My wife shot it with a camcorder.

It sounds like you have it on your computer if you can email it. Sign up for YouTube and upload it there. Very easy to link after its accessible.
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    Don't hold me to this. But I think she put it on a thumb so I could mail it to you or Nola.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:

@cazzy‌
    Don't hold me to this. But I think she put it on a thumb so I could mail it to you or Nola.

Just let me know. I can remote into your computer and show you how to do it. It's pretty easy.
  • Zarcon
    Options
    If you decided to upload it to something like YouTube, adding it to TheBGEnest would be extremely simple. I can tell you how its done if thats what ya'll decided.
  • SGH
    Options
    Thank you fellows. When she is up tomorrow I will ask her to assist in getting it to yall.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌
    Brother since I joined this forum you have always treated me with kindness my friend. For that reason I have always been willing to offer advice to you that I would not offer to others. That said I would like to offer you one more excellent piece of advice. If you are interested in poultry work, then this knife is a must. It's a special addition that Victorinox releases every year around the holidays only. It's a 9" semi flexible boning knife. Not a fillet knife. The blade is a whisker thicker than a fillet blade. I have at one time or another tried about every knife on the market and none can approach what this knife can do for taking poultry down to its lowest denominator. It's the one I use for making my stuffed chickens. It also shines as a sheep and goat knife. And at only 35 bucks it's a steal. If you never take my advice again, take it now my friend. This knife is in a league all of its on for poultry. Here it is dwarfed by the big breaking knife for a size comparison. Trust me on this brother Whitee.
    It should be available for purchase around mid November thru the end of December. I'm purchasing a case of them when they are available.
    imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Thank you very much for that info @SGH, I will take your advice my friend and get one next month or so. If you see that they become available before I do please let me know. I have learned a great deal from reading your posts the last few months for that I thank you.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @SGH, where do you get them?  Online?  If so, send the link to me please sir.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited October 2014
    Options

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @tarheelmatt‌ - What brother Whitee posted above my friend.

Status- Standing by.