Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Your welcome Mickey I tried to cover all the food groups with local fare, of course here in GA. there are a lot of rubs for pork. Enjoy Buddy, hope to be in Salado for some free PBR.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoctorMojo
    Options
    Christmas in Tennessee!! Thanks so much, Hapster! Once again a fellow egghead went above and beyond! Hapster, I hope your package is as generous as mine was. Thanks so much!!

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

Christmas in Tennessee!! Thanks so much, Hapster! Once again a fellow egghead went above and beyond! Hapster, I hope your package is as generous as mine was. Thanks so much!!

Hell yeah. That's what I'm talking about. Have you tried Ozark or Rockwood?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • DoctorMojo
    Options
    Only Cowboy and BGE So looking forward to this

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• DoctorMojo
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Thanks Cazzy for putting this together I just hope my recipient likes his also.  I was asking someone to bring a bag to eggtoberfest  so I could try something besides Cowboy and I could reimburse them for it and my post got deleted. I guess they thought I was Pan Handling. But Hap must have read it before it got deleted. Very HAPpy in TN! Ribs tomorrow ...Which one Rockwood or Ozark?

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options

Awesome... Glad it'll be something new for you to try out. Enjoy!
  • cazzy
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Thanks Cazzy for putting this together I just hope my recipient likes his also.  I was asking someone to bring a bag to eggtoberfest  so I could try something besides Cowboy and I could reimburse them for it and my post got deleted. I guess they thought I was Pan Handling. But Hap must have read it before it got deleted. Very HAPpy in TN! Ribs tomorrow ...Which one Rockwood or Ozark?
    Flip a coin as they are both wonderful.  Also, make friends with @henapple  He is a great source for Ozark Oak.  
  • DoctorMojo
    Options
    cazzy said:

Flip a coin as they are both wonderful.  Also, make friends with @henapple  He is a great source for Ozark Oak.  

@ cazzy That would be great I understand he is in the Boro which is less than an hour away.

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @DoctorMojo‌ ...where are you located?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Well crap!  I didnt get in this and it looks way too fun!  I hope you guys do this next year, it looks like Christmas! 

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• cazzy
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Well crap!  I didnt get in this and it looks way too fun!  I hope you guys do this next year, it looks like Christmas! 
  • henapple
    Options
    I tried to get in but it kept booting me out
  • cazzy
    Options
    henapple said:

Did you really?
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    cazzy said:

henapple said:

Did you really?
    I'm sure it was that disturbing profile pic that he uses that got him booted out
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I agree with Hap

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JRWhitee
    Options
    +2 on the profile pic, @SGH warned you.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options

Your Eggin' is gonna get a whole lot better now :-bd
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • DoctorMojo
    Options
    henapple said:
    @DoctorMojo‌ ...where are you located?

@henapple I am in Fayetteville

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• henapple
    Options
    My wife grew up there...not far at all. I'd be happy to help with the Ozark Oak.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    henapple said:

Caz told me he had set it up to keep you out. Hay, talk to Caz
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    Options
    I tried 3 times. @cazzy‌ probably did block me.
  • DoctorMojo
    Options
    henapple said:
    My wife grew up there...not far at all. I'd be happy to help with the Ozark Oak.

@henapple Thanks

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thank you @stlcharcoal !

Jonathan, I really look forward to trying these. I haven't had any of them before. I have heard of code 30 Spices and think they have a neat concept of giving back.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited September 2014
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thank you @stlcharcoal !

Jonathan, I really look forward to trying these. I haven't had any of them before. I have heard of code 30 Spices and think they have a neat concept of giving back.

Yep the Code3 guys are good friends of mine.  I was hanging out with them on Sat & Sun at the Wildwood BBQ Bash (100+ teams).  Being from an EMS background myself, it was a no-brainer to sponsor their team and support their products.

We also sponsor Cole's team.....I like his regular sauce, but there are a lot of people really into his new Sweet Velvet sauce (too sweet for me.)

My favorite is Millie's, but the Spicy version.  Craig was out of Sweet & Spicy when I met up with him the other day otherwise I would have sent both.  That is my quintessential STL style sauce and go to when I'm out of my own. 

The Maule's is a St. Louis institution.  4th generation family and available in every store for cheap.  Maule's is the base of most "homemade" STL sauces out there--just like Bush's is often the base homemade baked beans.  It's an excellent sauce to play with.

And 314 Hot Sauce is the new Frank's to me......"I put that $%#^ on everything!"

Enjoy, have fun, and let me know if you want to get in touch with the respective owners for bulk purchase.

• Smokinpig
    Options
    Thank you @Brisket_Fanatic!

Arrived home from shipping out my elf's package to find mine waiting for me. A ton of stuff from Iowa and Nebraska I have never seen before, this is so cool! 
    imageimageimage

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @Smokinpig‌ Glad it made it, shipped out Sat am so that's crazy fast delivery. Of course forgot to put the card in the box. Enjoy!

Edit: the cookies rub is great on pork and chicken

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Smokinpig
    Options
    That is quick for the USPS but I am not complaining. I am reading labels and googling away. Can not wait to test some of these out. Thanks again.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I received my exchange today and much to my surprise everything in my box is completely new to me. AWESOMNESS at it's best...
    @beteez Thank you my friend for the wonderful rubs and sauces. I have never heard of any of them, EGGCELLENT!!! I love trying new stuff and I have not seen any of these anywhere down here. I make my own BBQ sauce in which I use 100% pure maple syrup I will make some with the cane syrup which we also don't get down here. The Bread & Butter Squash GENIUSS!!! Thank You brother, WELL DONE...

The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• chainsaw19
    Options
    Got mine today. Big thanks to Jason "JB Martin". I sincerely look forward to trying each and every one of these. Thanks also to Cazzy for running this. Such a great way to sample products not readily available in your area. thanks again Jason, GREAT JOB! Much appreciated! image
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • JRWhitee
    Options
    I got a private message from my Elfster that my package will be delivered today unfortunately I am traveling until Wednesday so I have to wait....the suspense is killing me.... :-??

Johns Creek, Georgia