Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sour Dough Biscuits/Part 3

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After 3 full days or 72 hours, I pulled the starter out of my 90 degree oven for feeding. It really looked good and smelled even better. The color was great and it had about a 1/16" layer of hooch on the top. [p]41MVC-009E.jpg[p]I then added 1-1/2 cups of AP flour and 1-1/2 cups of water and stirred it up again. You don't have to stir it until all the lumps are out but do give it a good stir. [p]41MVC-010E.jpg[p]It then goes back into the oven for about 10-12 hours or longer in my case. It's gonna be sour dough biscuits in the morning at my house. [p]I hope there are still some of you out there doing this recipe along with me as I think it will be good. [p]Dave

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Old Dave,[p]I took a course 6 years ago that taught all about bread making. Great class with a very experienced and personable teacher. Have been making bread since then. We didn't make sour dough because of the time involved. I am very interested and wish you the very best of luck.[p]Not doing it now, but hopefully will very soon.[p]Spin
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Old Dave,[p]not doing it at this time, but am copying and pasting as you go alng. I plan on trying it though, without a doubt.[p]Scott

• Chaz
    Chaz Posts: 4
    Options
    Old Dave,
    I am a lurker on this site. Don't really say much. I've been a BGE (large) user for about 7 hears. This sour dough bread recipe is a great one for us novices. Thank you,[p]Charlie

• Spin,[p]Sure great to see you back on the forum again and hope all is well with the family. Be nice to see some of the other old timers come back as well.[p]Dave

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Old Dave,
    isn't that the truth! Boy, I'd love to hear from Dr Chicken! BTW anybody have anything current on Dave?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Old Dave,
    I will let you know when I get to stage 3. Right now it is only 1 day and no little bubbles yet.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.