Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need help downloading pictures from my new I phone 6, Please....

Options

I just upgraded  my phone from the I phone 4's to the I phone 6 and can not get pictures to download to the forum, Verizon set my new phone up at there store and loaded all my old photos and Video's to the I cloud. I tried to post new pictures (not from the cloud) and when I clicked on the photo I wanted to download it just keeped spinning the download icon for 20/30 minutes, I have tried several times and I am sure it is operator error.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong...

Thanks in advance,

Chuck King

Dimondale Michigan

www.chuckkingcomedy.com

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Try upgrading your phone to iOS 8.0.2.

I believe the firmware updated fixed that problem with a few members.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    I just downloaded the upgrade and will now try and send s picture of Friday nights pizza. I believe it worked, thanks for the info...
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Try upgrading your phone to iOS 8.0.2. I believe the firmware updated fixed that problem with a few members.
    Thank You!
  • cazzy
    Options
    no problem!  Man, that pie looks great!  Loaded!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    It helped to a degree, but has caused other issues. Wish I would have waited until they had the kinks worked out.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy‌ It helped to a degree, but has caused other issues. Wish I would have waited until they had the kinks worked out.
    Like what?

• SGH
    Options
    The phone will just freeze at times. It also sticks and gets hung. It never did this until the new down load.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    It exibits a long delay at times as well. Autocorrect quite working as well.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options
    Hold your home button and sleep button till you see a black screen with the Apple logo.
  • SGH
    Options
    I hate the new autocorrect. Why? The other one was more accurate. Example: If you typed in the word "cazzy" the old one changed it to "crazy". This showed true intellect I thought. The new one accepts "Cazzy" as is. A unwise decision in my view ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌
    I have tried everything brother. They still have some small but bothersome issues to resolve. I got so frustrated yesterday that I gave the phone a few minutes on the top shelf of Unit 6 at 225 degrees indirect with heavy oak smoke. That didn't seem to help either. What is hard to figure is that my iPad works perfect. It's just the phone. Maybe I should try 275 degrees and see if that helps ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Another glitch that is aggravating is auto brightness no longer works worth a flip. You are in the dark when you step outside. Again on the iPhone only. iPad is fine.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I spoke to soon. iPad just froze on my wife.

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    @Grillmagic‌ pies look fantastic, edge to edge goodness.
  • lakewade
    Options
    @grillmagic

#1 The pizza looks killer - going to make one this week myself.
    #2 Did you get the regular iPhone6 or the plus?  I'm on the fence on which to get.  I have a iPhone5 today.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Nice pics and pizza
    Seattle, WA
  • Grillmagic
    Options
    lakewade said:
    @grillmagic

#1 The pizza looks killer - going to make one this week myself.
    #2 Did you get the regular iPhone6 or the plus?  I'm on the fence on which to get.  I have a iPhone5 today.
    I got the I Phone 6, the 6 plus is BIG and since I was jumping from the 4's its a nice jump up. I still wanted to carry it in my pocket and on my hip, I got the otter box case and it works great. 
  • lakewade
    Options
    @grillmagic - thanks

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Options
    Pizza looks great. That what I'd like, fully loaded with toppings.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.