Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    cazzy said:

paqman said:

hondabbq said:

Holy Crap!!! I herded up some BBQ items and then proceeded to add a few items of pure Canadiana. I gotta stop. Im already up to $93 and I have a couple more things I want to add yet. Somebody is gonna like Canada after this.

@hondabbq‌ - Join the club :) wait until you see the shipping price. I purchased a box but it is too small and the local post office is out of stock on bigger boxes. I'll try to find another one tomorrow. 13 pounds of stuff is not cheap to ship to the US.

The weight adds up pretty quick and is crazy expensive.  The first one I sent last time was 22lbs.  The 2nd was 30.  

I hope the guy that jacked the first one enjoyed his too.  

Most of what I will be sending is dry rubs so not too heavy. I have 2 bigger bottles of bbq sauce that are giving me headaches because of the standard size boxes. I am playing tetris trying to fit everything but I think I'll need to upgrade the box size.

To bad fire craft didn't carry better spices. Could have spent 100.00 and shipped for free.lol
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    Options
    I will be shipping on Tuesday of next week as i am on the road till then we'll maybe monday.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Mine will ship on Tuesday as well. I'm headed to the country with the family and the trailer this weekend. There is a really cool country store out there and I have an item or two to pick up there.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options
    I too will probably not be able to ship mine out until Tuesday.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

I too will probably not be able to ship mine out until Tuesday.

That's fine.

For all future shipping delays, send your draw a anonymous message through elfster if shipping is running late. Avoid attaching tracking numbers right now too please. Trying to keep all a mystery for now.

Thanks everyone!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Sixpack1
    Options
    cazzy said: I just want to reiterate that the above is not a requirement folks. You should feel very comfortable giving the minimum.  If you decide to give more for whatever reason, then that's really cool too.  This is not a competition, but your approach should probably lean towards the mentality of "what would I like to receive".  

@cazzy cost wasn't the issue, there were just so many local rubs/sauces I wanted to share. Individually none of them are heavy but in one box, different story. I hope my draw will enjoy the variety. It was definitely fun trying to find different stuff for someone to enjoy...
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    My package left on Wednesday, hope they enjoy, 7 rubs & 5 sauces
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

I feel so darn stupid asking this but I just have to, I've had a wild few days with little sleep and want to make sure I'm not nuts:

The person I drew to send toys to is not the same person who will be sending me presents? That is why I get anonymous questions about my preferences?

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • cazzy
    Options
    TTC said:

I feel so darn stupid asking this but I just have to, I've had a wild few days with little sleep and want to make sure I'm not nuts:

The person I drew to send toys to is not the same person who will be sending me presents? That is why I get anonymous questions about my preferences?

That is correct. Your draw likely didn't pick your name. It's possible, but "the odds are never in our favor". Yes...that's why it's annoymous.

So "toys" huh? =))
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

Thanks.

I will be sure to keep items from the shoebox of "toys" in the closet from accidently getting included in the box of goodies getting shipped........

I learned long ago that my job is to make sure we have plenty of batteries in the house 

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Just shipped my package.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I won't be able to finish shopping until this weekend, so, it will be early next week before I send my package out. 

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Options
    Gold Dog Leader, package has deployed. Repeat... package has deployed.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    She packed and ready to go. USPS. Please treat her right and let her arrive in peace not in pieces.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • badinfluence
    Options
    @cazzy are we supposed to send a message to the recipient when we ship? I sent one telling him when I was going to ship. I'm going to try Monday instead of Tuesday as now the locker is now saying my 1/2 buffalo will be ready to pick up

Clinton, Iowa
  • cazzy
    Options

@cazzy are we supposed to send a message to the recipient when we ship? I sent one telling him when I was going to ship. I'm going to try Monday instead of Tuesday as now the locker is now saying my 1/2 buffalo will be ready to pick up

Just include a note inside your care package. Monday or Tuesday is fine.
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Shipped my package off today. I had so much fun deciding what to include! Thanks for this, to all involved.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Will finish up shopping this weekend. And send it out next week.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    After seeing @sixpack1's gifts, I have to do a little more shopping this weekend or people will see what a cheap ba$%^&* I really am.  It will get out in the mail Mon or Tue.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    @cazzy - so the setup is not just pairs exchanging w/ each other? The person is not the same person that is sending me stuff, right? Not that I care, but that would take some of the surprise out.

Thanks again for setting this this up.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    Dropped mine off (gently) at the Post office this AM.

Should arrive in (REDACTED) on Monday.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    20-1/2 pounds of Alabama treats headed someone's way. I hope the receipient enjoys.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• cazzy
    Options

@cazzy - so the setup is not just pairs exchanging w/ each other? The person is not the same person that is sending me stuff, right? Not that I care, but that would take some of the surprise out.

Thanks again for setting this this up.

That's correct. It's highly unlikely that your draw is also your Elf. It's all random.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited September 2014
    Options
    In the mail. PO said by Thur Oct 2nd.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I finished shopping today, but won't have a chance to do a letter or take to post office/fed ex/ups until Monday.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dang, just packed mine all up and realized I forgot a note...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Shopping is done. Mine will ship Monday from work. I am hoping that since I spent it several different places SWMBO won't realize how much I spent.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    I bought all my stuff at several different places over several different days and tossed all receipts. Then shipping was almost $25. Hell even I don't know how much I spent.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Note inserted, package sent.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker