Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2014 EggHead Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    jcaspary said:

I signed up on September 16 but something must have been done wrong I my end. I'm signed up in Elfster but not for the exchange. I tried getting in but it doesn't show anything for the rub and sauce exchange. Oh well. I'll make sure it all goes right next time.

Screw that next time nonsense. PM me your email and I will mail you an invite.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Does the person I drew have me in turn?
  • bge123
    Options
    Okay, somehow I missed this signup.  I just did it this morning and hopefully it's not too late....  I really enjoyed the Christmas exchange last year.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Does the person I drew have me in turn?
    No, completely random
  • cazzy
    Options
    bge123 said:
    Okay, somehow I missed this signup.  I just did it this morning and hopefully it's not too late....  I really enjoyed the Christmas exchange last year.
    I will get you in. 
  • OmahaOne
    Options
    Cazzy,  I've been off for a couple of days (Wife broke her hip, surgery Sunday night, doing much better today), I didn't see an email either. I check my email address and it's correct. Please help!

XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Damn, cazzy, I feel I oughta send you a package just for all the work you're having to do getting this together. 

Little Rock, AR

• cazzy
    Options
    OmahaOne said:
    Cazzy,  I've been off for a couple of days (Wife broke her hip, surgery Sunday night, doing much better today), I didn't see an email either. I check my email address and it's correct. Please help!

please sign off of Elfster, then clear your browser history.  Click on the link in page 1 and register again.  You should see a RSVP button after logging in.
  • OmahaOne
    Options
    cazzy said:
    OmahaOne said:

Ok I've registered again. 
    please sign off of Elfster, then clear your browser history.  Click on the link in page 1 and register again.  You should see a RSVP button after logging in.

XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • cazzy
    Options
    OmahaOne said:
    cazzy said:
    OmahaOne said:

Ok I've registered again. 

Perfect!  I see you now.   @jcaspary  From a computer, please do what I had Omaha do.  Thanks!

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    @cazzy‌ Thanks for the help. Once my computer stops being a PITA I will do so.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • jcaspary
    Options
    @cazzy‌ It looks as though I'm in. Now what do I do? Says names have been drawn.
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • cazzy
    Options
    jcaspary said:
    @cazzy‌ Thanks for the help. Once my computer stops being a PITA I will do so.
    That worked for you too!  I should work in IT or sumfin...Oh wait, I do.   =))

You're in Joe!
  • cazzy
    Options
    jcaspary said:
    @cazzy‌ It looks as though I'm in. Now what do I do? Says names have been drawn.
    You and the others will find out your draw tonight.  Yall can play, no worries!
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    How do you locate a person in the BGE Forum ?. I want to look at my draw's past posts to get to know them. I can't locate any posts by them or figure out how to find someone's profile without clicking on their name from a post. Thanks my good friends, This is getting fun already, Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• jcaspary
    Options
    In the search field at the top of the main page you can type in their name and press enter.  Once that pops up click on their name and then press discussions.  It will also show their comments but their discussions will be more helpful.
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • cazzy
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    How do you locate a person in the BGE Forum ?. I want to look at my draw's past posts to get to know them. I can't locate any posts by them or figure out how to find someone's profile without clicking on their name from a post. Thanks my good friends, This is getting fun already, Donnie
    Make sure you are the Full Site, not Mobile.  In the search engine, enter his name and he comes up.  Several posts.  

You can also GoogleFu   

• Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Shipped my exchange package out this afternoon. Some lucky dog is hopefully going to enjoy the care package I made with rubs and stuff from all around Florida from the swamps to the cities. I'm looking forward seeing what comes my way... Thank you cazzy for the great  job and all the hard work you did to put all this together.
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

@OmahaOne So you use the old "Wife broke her hip" excuse???  Would expect more from a Husker esp w Lil Red as your Avatar.

Send me your address and I'll box up some Florida Rubs and sauces for you.  You can send me some frozen Runzas and Empyrean Ales beer.

:-)  Hope everyone's doing well and glad Cazzy can get you squared away

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Must we complete a wish list? I would so much rather get whatever someone wants to send me - even if it's coal.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • cazzy
    Options
    Hibby said:

Must we complete a wish list? I would so much rather get whatever someone wants to send me - even if it's coal.

No. Totally fine to keep it empty. That just means that you don't have any dislikes or wants.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options

This is my first, looking forward to it. I appreciate the effort to set it up/organize it.

Is there a deadline or time period I am supposed to shoot for?

XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • cazzy
    Options
    TTC said:

This is my first, looking forward to it. I appreciate the effort to set it up/organize it.

Is there a deadline or time period I am supposed to shoot for?

No problem...I actually enjoy organizing stuf like this. Try to send out your package by Friday. If you can't, just message your draw on Elfster and let them know.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Thanks. Now I know how to search for folks.....only been trying to figure that out for 9 months !!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Holy Crap!!! I herded up some BBQ items and then proceeded to add a few items of pure Canadiana. I gotta stop. Im already up to $93 and I have a couple more things I want to add yet. Somebody is gonna like Canada after this.
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    hondabbq said:

Holy Crap!!! I herded up some BBQ items and then proceeded to add a few items of pure Canadiana. I gotta stop. Im already up to $93 and I have a couple more things I want to add yet. Somebody is gonna like Canada after this.

I feel your pain.

Because I had to send two packages to your homeland, I spent about $300 last time. It was still worth it!
  • travisstrick
    Options
    hondabbq said:

Yep. I got a ton of stuff before I found out my elf and what they liked. It's going to be nuts once I'm done.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I put the stuff I have already collected in a box earlier and it was pretty damn heavy. And I too have a couple more things that I want to add.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    Who knew I'd get sexually harassed via anonymous elfsters? If I had known this, I would have signed up last year heheh.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • cazzy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hibby said:
    Who knew I'd get sexually harassed via anonymous elfsters? If I had known this, I would have signed up last year heheh.
    Are you for serious?     =))