Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Biggest Eggfest anywhere?

Options
PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Too many airmiles, no where to go. Alas. Where are the biggest eggfests in USA and Canada? I should make this my year of traveling. I cannot donate or exchange these miles and I lose at least one domestic flight every year. So tell me, where are the biggest, most attended, most cooks, eggfests. Also which are at a site with easy transportation. I'll fly across the country, but won't rent a car.
I'm sure we'll get a big discussion on this.
Thanks, all.

Comments

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    EggtoberFest in Atlanta is pretty darn big.....I'm sure someone here could be talked into ferrying you to and fro. ;)
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Seattle has about 30-35 cooks and between 400 and 500 attendees. It's held in Kent and the site is about a 10-15 min taxi ride from the airport. The hotel is nearby but not walking distance I don't think. However, there is always someone from out of town with a car that could give you a ride back and forth. I would certainly be willing to come by and get you. In the past, I have come the day before and stayed at the hotel but don't know if I will this year.

The downside to the Seattle fest is that there's no real meet n greet or after party so you don't get a lot of bang for your buck.

Most of the cooks don't participate much in this forum, so you don't see that same comraderie that you might see at other fests. I would like to see that change and would like to see more out-of-town forum members attend.
  • Jan_WassisMeats
    Jan_WassisMeats Posts: 30
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sunshine State Eggfest in Cape Canaveral Fl, by Wassi's Meat Market looks like it is going to been the biggest one so far for this Eggfest event. In the past it was about a 500 to 700 attending. We have moved it to a bigger area, lots more room and lots more prizes and events. And we already have quite a few Egg Celebs signed up. Lot's of BIG prizes too. This is our first year running it, so we are thinking between 40 to 60 cooks and about 1500 attending. BUT we have only just begun and it is along way off so could get even bigger. April 24, 25, 2015. www.sunshinestateeggfest.com.
  • Sixpack1
    Options
    I will be in attendance at the Sunshine State Eggfest for sure. Living in Central Fla. easy couple days of visiting and sampling... 
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    You already know about the GA Mt. Eggfest, Patty.........but, this year we had 120 cooks and about 1800 people in total attendance.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    EGGtoberfest is the National BGE Event. It's HUGE!!
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    I thought eggs by the bay was the largest?
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Salado is a blast.
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    A lot of good ones mentioned here, but I have to go with EGGtoberfest, just a blast and right near the mothership!
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/