Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Table Cover only in Green?

Options
Morris4kids
Morris4kids Posts: 8
edited September 2014 in EGG Table Forum
Does everyone like the only choice of "green" table cover? Finally bought a table and settled for green cover. SWMBO want black like the other egg cover we had. I sent BGE a suggestion to offer a black one. Think they will oblige?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,908
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Oblige and make a black one for you? I doubt. I've been around these parts for 14 years now and have never seen a black BGE cover. Custom made ones, yes, but no off the shelf BGE brand ones.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Does it have to be an 'Official' BGE cover? I bought a weber cover at the Home Depot in black for $20. The quality is outstanding. Oh dang, just saw you have a table. Sorry.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Ballardbbq
    Options
    I got a large black official BGE cover last June. The medium cover was only available in green during that same time period which isn't anywhere as nice as the black. The materials are different altogether. The green is very plastic. I've since bought a Challenger table and went with their cover for the large. Here in the PNW covers are mandatory. I'm not sure I'll ever need the large black cover. Email me if you are interested.

Large, Medium & Mini-Max - Seattle & a Puget Sound Island

• RRP
    Options
    I got a large black official BGE cover last June. The medium cover was only available in green during that same time period which isn't anywhere as nice as the black. The materials are different altogether. The green is very plastic. I've since bought a Challenger table and went with their cover for the large. Here in the PNW covers are mandatory. I'm not sure I'll ever need the large black cover. Email me if you are interested.
    is your large black cover a table cover?
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    My cover from BGE is black for my large
  • RRP
    Options
    Zarcon said: My cover from BGE is black for my large Yes it is, but he is looking for a black BGE table cover.
  • Morris4kids
    Options
    Correct, looking for a TABLE cover.  When I bought my first BGE, they only had green grill covers.  They were a piece of junk.  The newer style BGE brand black GRILL cover is much better. At least the new green TABLE covers are not made from that same material that cracks over time. 
  • Newport65
    Options

I got this black one from amazon...good quality and works well on my LBGE table

Grill Dome VC-TC-5830 58 by 30 Table Cover

Farmington, CT

LBGE

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

FYI-BGE makes black table covers for their current tables (mahogany and metal) as well as Egg covers in nest.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA