Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Up Early Again For Some Butt!

Options
Got off this morning at 7 and couldn't wait to get home and get my cook started. Luckily my grandfather had already fired up the egg around 6:30 and got it stabilized for me.

This Butt will be the first one I have cooked for people outside my immediate family. My cousin is having a gender reveal party for his wife, I'm supplying the BBQ. Pretty excited to get some feedback from a large group.

I will update as the day goes on, but for now I'm gonna catch a nap...

Blake.
The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!

Comments

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited August 2014
    Options
    At first I'm like what!?  "having a gender reveal party for his wife"  
    My mind is warped right now, here in my city (NOLA) we are having Decadence Festival, all sorts of same gender stuff going on. Right away when I read your post I was thinking that your cousin was going to reveal to his wife that he had a secret about his gender preference to reveal.  Goes to show you where my mind is 
    8-}.
    BTW I hope it' a girl.
    Look forward to the update.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    LOL, I thought the same thing, @TigerTony.
    NOLA
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Options
    Im glad im not Alone!!!1 =)) =)) =))

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    @buzd504 "Oh honey, by the way, "see that butt over there"............ LOL!
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I had to google gender reveal. Scared me at first. Hope you knock the pork out of the park. Good luck brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    I was all over the board.. I read the title and thought he was braggin about getting some 'butt' in the mornings.. hahaha

Then I read the 'gender reveal' and thought, 'Do they  not know the gender of the wife yet'??
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Zarcon‌
    Brother I had to read the post and do some googling myself. Had me all messed up at first!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Livinloud5
    Options
    Hahaha that would be a big surprise! It's when after the mother has a sonogram they contact a bakery and tell whether it's a boy or a girl. If it's a boy the inside of the cake will be Blue and if it's a girl it's pink. At the party when the cake is cut, the gender of the baby is revealed.

Update in a couple of minutes.

Blake.
  • Livinloud5
    Options
    Alright, I'm in the stall....been at 173 for quite a while. I'm trying to have this thing ready to serve by 6:30, so I decided to wrap it in foil and crank it up to 350. So this will kind of be my first turbo, hope it turns out well!

Blake.