Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
We needed a simple, healthy meal tonight after testing some of my ideas for our party last night. SWMBO wanted fish and so it was.

We had frozen tilapia in the freezer, so that's what was used. 

Got the small to 650*, waited a bit, then put my cast iron DO lid on the woo and let it pre-heat for 5 minutes. Painted the fish with melted butter, coated heavily with Fajita-ish and tossed the fish on.

After 3 minutes I flipped it

Another 3 minutes and it was done

Toasted the corn tortillas on the hot cast iron after wiping it down with paper towels

And....

Still had some Mango Salsa left and some tomatoes. Mixed it together for a little salad.

@travisstrick was right, this Mango Salsa is really good.

Recipe for the salsa can be found here:

This was my first time blackening anything. SWMBO was worried it would be burnt and taste nasty. Her response after tasting it, in a somewhat surprised tone, "This is really good". I think my job is done. :D

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments