Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much did you pay for your Big Green Egg ?

Comments

• $1600.00 for XL BGE, Plate setter, Nest, Composite Wings, Grate Gripper, Ash Tool, Looftlighter, and a bag of BGE Lump. About a month ago in Augusta, GA.

Blake.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Cant remember how much my medium was.  My large is a different story.  About 5 yrs ago we walked into a pool/patio store that sold eggs.  While we were in there they just announced the store is closing and effective immediately everything is 50% off.  My new large was $375.  Why I didn't buy every egg they had I still don't know!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Large - Warranty - $750
    Small - Warranty - $440
    Large - Used - $300
    Large - Used - $200
    Mini - Used - $150

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lg. egg, table nest, grill gripper, starters, charcoal, rib rack, plate setter, pizza stone and cast iron grate = $1062
    LG BGE...PSWOOII-CI...PLATESETTER...THERMAPEN...MAVERICK-ET-733

Thumb MI
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    No. Oklahoma. 

I know it has a dome therm. However I was told to get a digital one. 

That's what I'm trying to say. The prices here in OK are extremely inflated compared to what others are saying.

If ya ever make it to Lubbock go see Ray at the Outdoor Chef just south of 82nd St on I27 im sure he could beat your Oklahoma prices

I doubt it would be enough to make it worth the trip just for the Egg but if your there anyway might be worth a look

http://www.outdoorchefgrills.com/
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    ....extra refrigerator, stainless steel egg table, awning, lighting, ceiling fan... SWMBO said, "you're done"!
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    GalanteNate_OneEa Posts: 967
    edited August 2014
    My XL was a little over 2K. PS, nest, ash tool, cover, pizza stone, half moon raised grid. Also got in house setup and demo, which in my mine was priceless lol. Don't get me wrong, the guy who sold me mine is a local restaurant owner and only sells them to order, so he doesn't get a break when it comes to shipping. He does it on the side because he cooks on them and likes to keep his discount as a distributor. It was awesome to have him set it up and teach me how to use it though. Ok, so edit update, there was another deal led near by, an actual store front, and he wanted more. Wife just told me, she was the one who bought it for me for my bday. Her best investment yet!
  • Can anyone recommend a place to get an XL in Southern Ca?  I've been calling around and everyone has the same price (often with accessories I don't need).  I also haven't been able to find any demo units.
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Wait for a nearby Eggfest, you can get a demo model there.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Anyone know the best place to get one in Upstate SC. I'm looking to add a small to my large. I would need a small with a nest and plate setter. Thanks!
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    XL, 2 plate setters, 2-ash tools, 2- grid lifters, 40 lump, 2- box of staters, cover and large beautiful mahogany table, large pizza stone,delivered and set up $2,500
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    edited August 2014

Got a Large, plate setter, nest, grill gripper, 20# lump, starters, ash tool, nest handler, pizza stone, $1132

3 days later....got a Mini and a stand $250..man I love these things

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Dubya
    Dubya Posts: 8
    Large- Free birthday gift 
    Mini- Free Christmas gift
    XL- $400 craigslist the guy had no idea how to use it and apparently couldn't figure it out. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    My XL I found a guy on CL that won a $750 gift card to the mothership and I called the mothership and confirmed it was valid. I think I gave him either $350 or $400 for the card but when I got to the mothership the card had a beer sponsor sticker on it so I got an extra 20% off. The XL with platesetter was like $1300 but it took it to like $1050 with the 20% and then the $750 cars took it to around $300. I forget exactly what it was but around $700 for a brand new XL with platesetter. Recently I found a brand new nwst and mates on CL for $150 so I'm around $850 now.
  • joe004
    joe004 Posts: 15
    Large 250 on craigslist plus another 150 for new lid bands, hinge and bottom vent.
    Joe (lrg egg,mavrick ET-73, placesetter)
    Cabot, Ar
  • $600 from mountain eggfest
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    The cost of the egg itself is merely the entry fee. The ride tickets are several times the initial sunk cost.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • $475 medium w/ plate setter, nest, side tables, and ash tool (craigslist)
    Austin, TX
  • $750 + tax for large egg, platesetter, ash tool, grill gripper, 10lb bag of charcoal, and 1 box of starters.  15% off accessories.  Best deal I have found.
  • My first Lrg egg was found on CL for 600.00 about 2 months ago. They had just used it about 4 times in a 3 months span. In almost new condition, nest, cover, plate setter, ash tool..
    And just picked up a brand new Mini this weekend also off CL for 150.00
    Its hard getting any good deals from a retail store out here in Cali..
  • I'm in the same spot in Phoenix, AZ.  There are not any good deals (that I have found) in the area.  Craigslist options are rare as well!  

If anyone knows of Phoenix deals please shoot me a message.!
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited September 2014
    In Feb. 2006 - Ace hardware - Louisiana
    1 large BGE Combo (nest and wings) 
    --------------------------------------------------              $775.00
    1- cover, 1-ash tool, 1- grill gripper, 
    1 - Elect. lighter
    1 sm bag hickory chips
    1 bag BGE lump                                               $103.49
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                         Total            $878.49
                                                           Tax                76.87
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                   Amount Total     $955.36
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Plate-setter                                                    $74.99

Sept 9th 2010 - Same Ace Hardware / BGE dealer

1-Med BGE  - nest and wings                         $550.00
                                                                    Tax      48.13
                                                                   Total  $598.13
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    1- med pizza stone                                            $44.95
    Never ever received anything from my dealer without paying for it.
    Even had to fight with him to cover my broken plate-setter  
    Also he made me produce a receipt when my firebox broke, only way he would replace it. 

"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    dmk08 said:
    My deal in Georgia yesterday.  Can't wait to fire this puppy up this weekend.

LG Egg, nest, bag of charcoal, brush, composite mates, ash tool, grill gripper, platesetter, box of starters, and a cover.  $1105 out the door.  Hope I didn't get ripped.

That's the deal my dealer has for the large, but chose the XL so it was $1565.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • In 2005 paid $620, threw in 20lb bag charcoal, and pine lighters.  This is why I keep telling folks to buy now before they keep going up.  Enjoy!!

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I PAID THREE FIDDY LOCK NESS MONSTER!!!!
  • 3 weeks ago paid the standard $849 in Ewing, NJ. But as long as you bought $25 in accessories you got 10% off your entire order. This including any accessories they had to order. I didn't find any other deals in central NJ, except possibly one dealer that said he might sell his display XL for less than MSRP.
    Large bge, Pennington, NJ
  • Also, someone had returned a used nest. Bought some Rustoleum and locking caster wheels and looks good as new. Much cheaper than the 15o or whatever they go for. Eventually will build a table so it worked out for the best
    Large bge, Pennington, NJ
  • vberch
    vberch Posts: 1
    Hey guys and gals, I've been looking at getting one for a number of years and finally got one yesterday from a local distributor as their demo. It is Large BGE with a factory small cypress table for $400 delivered. But than I spent over $200 on plate setter, pizza stone, etc :).

• $1050 for large with nest, shelves, and a plate setter in NY
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Haven't read the entire thread, but I paid $1000 for XL egg, table, assembled, a cover, platesetter, and ashtool. It was a demo. Lightly used!
    ;-).