Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Campfire meals

Options
Stoped into Cracker Barrel last week. They had a promotional "Campfire Meal" (one was chuck roast the other was chicken with carrots potatoes corn on the cob all done up in foil) we used to call them "hobo dinners" when I was a kid. I was wondering how to go about making these on the egg. Any suggestions? Seasonings, temperatures, methods?

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Inderect, 400, after that, skies the limit. I like hot peppers in mine. Chuck roast cubed, chicken thighs, even meatloaf'sh stuff, cut up onions carrots, celery, potatoes, green beans pat of butter
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    Wife and I were just talking about these for our upcoming Labor Day camping trip.  In Boy Scouts we used to just throw them right on the coals, so that might be a consideration in your egg.

I remember the scout ones being potatoes, celery, carrots, onions and ground beef or chicken breasts.  My dad and I used to do some with garlic sausage, onions and peppers when my mom and sister were out of town.  Those were done on the gasser, back before the days of egg.

This has me thinking, what will we put in ours??? 
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen