Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Limited Forum Time for a bit.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Y'all have probably noticed that I haven't been on the forum near as much the past few days. That being said I'm fixing to be on even less for the next few weeks. Nothing is wrong or amiss. I'm attending some deep water survival and rescue classes. Not something that I want to do. It's mandatory and I can't get out of them. It consumes a great deal of my time and is fixing to start consuming even more over the next several days. I will try to keep looking in and commenting when I can but I won't be posting cooks of my own. Just don't have time while attending these classes. I will be complete with the classes on 9-1-14. At that time I will return to the forum in full cook mode. Until then I will drop in when time allows. Just thought I would give everyone a heads up and let y'all know why I'm only on in a limited fashion as of late. Take care my friends and keep on cooking!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    In spirit brother in spirit!
    B-)
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    Options
    @SkinnyV‌
    Always brother.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Good luck on the classes..I hope they have stocked up on enough vittles to keep you well nourished...
    ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • SGH
    Options
    @johnmitchell‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I would seriously think about bringing a cooler--big one with wheels. That way you can have a little time to clear the head at lunch and then things are edible. Good luck
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Jstroke‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Just think of all the meals you can come up with while you are gone. Can't wait for "full cook mode"!!!
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    SGH, What is it you do for a living?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Are they local? Or over in Louisiana?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Sounds like you need to do a lot of cooking to fill up a yeti cooler and let it bob around with you in the water. It'll at least keep you mentally stabilized!
    Dunedin, FL
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I totally get why you posted this. I feel sort of guilty when I have to be away for a few days, lol. Be safe, my friend. We'll miss you.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    Just don't go dark again. We missed you.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Good luck Buddy, I have been traveling a lot myself and have not been able to Egg as much.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    tjosborne said:
    Just don't go dark again. We missed you.

If @SGH‌ can incite another riot I wouldn't mind seeing that again. It was like watching a springer episode and finding out if he was Santa Claus or not.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    You know you must be important when you have to leave a thread letting others know your not going to be on for a bit. :P
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You said "will return to the forum in full cook mode." I was reading that::::: will return to the forum in full cook nude. Not what I want in the morning before coffee ( or after coffee ).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SleepyHollow77
    Options
    Stay away from the stingrays unlike Steve Irwin
  • timekpr1
    timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Options
    Dive safe.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    sounds like fun to me, but it would have to be cold water. used to winter dive up here and loved it, tried it in the carribean and hated the warm water
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SJ21XDC
    SJ21XDC Posts: 235
    Options
    Be safe!

XL & Mini-Max

Chattanooga, TN

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Mickey said:

You said "will return to the forum in full cook mode." I was reading that::::: will return to the forum in full cook nude. Not what I want in the morning before coffee ( or after coffee ).

=))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    Just so you will know I do cook in the nude quite often. It's quite liberating my friend! ;)
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    Yes sir. Intracoastal LA.
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words. By the time I'm finished with the classes I will have a new smoker to use along with my others to post cooks with. Again thanks to all of you. I really miss the chatting with y'all.

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Another smoker?!?! 
  • SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy‌
    Yes sir. I have been working on a PBC clone. Mine isn't built on a drum but instead I used 20" and 24" heavy wall pipe. It will be double walled and insulated. Should be able to hold 275 degrees for 24 hours on less than 6 pounds of lump if I did the calculations correct.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Jeremiah‌ said: What do you do for a living?

What ever it takes to survive my friend.
    I'm currently a sub/sea mainline inspector for Exxon/Mobil.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @hondabbq‌
    Brother I certainly do not consider myself to be very important on this forum. Please don't think that was my intent at all. There are others who carry far more weight on here than I ever will. However people do get use to certain things. I'm usually available about 21 hours a day to offer advice and assistance to those in need of help. I'm sure when I'm not posting cooks and answering questions that a few folks will notice my absence. Just wanted to let everyone know in advance the reason for my sudden absence and that all is well. Again my intent was simply as stated above. I'm the last person on here that will ever have a ego or proclaim myself to be important. I enjoy helping people. Recognition is something that I neither deserve nor desire my friend. Just enjoy cooking and sharing my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    I will miss y'all as well sister. Take care of that knee and get back to your ole self soon my friend!

Status- Standing by.

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    @‌ sgh
    Sorry if you took that the wrong way. It was meant in the form of a jest. No harm intended.
  • boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Options
    look forward to your full time return, in the meantime have fun

Booch- from Medina, Ohio