Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recommendation where to purchase...

Options

So after vocally expressing my frustration and dismay in the abilities of my "Box" smoker, the wife finally "caved" and told me to go get the BGE that i've been squawking about for 3 months.....

Live in Plano TX (near Dallas for non Texans)...who's got the best deals and approximate prices ...there was another thread but it's like from 2012...Please and Thanx....

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Apparently Elliotts Hardware is supposed to be good. I recall them mentioned multiple times in Plano Eggfest posts.
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    Yeah...Elliot's is the best dealer in Plano.  I forget their prices, but you'll just need to go check them out.  They sell a bunch of them.

Plenty of Ozark Oak in stock there too  :D

LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Angus1978
    Options
    Also, Howdy neighbor!
  • Angus1978
    Options
    and finally @eggcelsior  Impressive you know the dealers round the country.  Who's good in Sacremento California? 

:))
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Get on BGE's website and find the dealers within a reasonable radius around you and give them a call and tell them exactly what you want.  The Grill Shoppe in Fort Worth and Natural Selections in Carrollton would be a couple places to check.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    Apparently Elliotts Hardware is supposed to be good. I recall them mentioned multiple times in Plano Eggfest posts.
    That's prob before they were brought out/taken over by a CA corp.
    Right now, they have no interest in a eggfest, or anything to support BGE.
    IMHO, I could be wrong.  

Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Redskull
    Redskull Posts: 55
    Options
    I live in Mesquite, got one for Fathers day.  Skipped Elliott's in Mesquite, went straight to Elliotts in Plano.  they have the largest selection of eggs & accessories.
    MESQUITE, TEXAS - LBGE, Tejas Smoker, Circle-J 24" open pit grill, indoor & outdoor cooking, beer, camping, more beer & cooking...
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Amazing how it works went you want a new toy. The old stuff gets worse by the minute and the thought of the new stuff takes over your mind. Welcome to the forum and good luck finding a dealer for your new egg.
    I'd suggest doing like @KennyLee‌ said. Also keep in mind, saving a few dollars at one dealer, might not be the best deal. Customer service, especially when it comes to warranty stuff goes a long ways.
    Sorry I'm no help, just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Don't forget to send pics of the new egg.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    Options
    I purchased my XL at Barbeques Galore in Grapevine.

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    Welcome in advance..Get ready to make a new friend...The Fed Ex guy...
    :)>-
    Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. What size are you getting now ( you will be getting another)? Also remember March 14th. Just 160 miles South on I-35 is the Salado Eggfest. It's a must do.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• H12mike
    H12mike Posts: 134
    Options
    Also check out The Ceramic Grill Store in Denton. They are very good with their experience and accessories.

X-Large BGE, DigiQ, ThermaQ (Blue), CyberQ, Joetissirie, UltraQ, (ex.FlameBoss 200)

Highland Village, TX

• CapnKirk
    CapnKirk Posts: 12
    Options

Thanx all for the input...went by Elliotts in Plano yesterday...Yes, they have a bunch of em and after oooh'ing and ahhh'ing over them for 20 minutes or so I realized that the only person who had spoken to me was a guy who just bought the huge jumbo size at a Costco Road Show 3 weeks ago....MSRP is $4999...he got one for $2900. Of course Costco sez they won't be back in No Texas until next year.

So, I guess my problem was that not one of the Elliott's employees bothered to or wanted to come and ask me if I wanted any help...that causes me to be a little apprehensive...

A neighbor also recommended Natural Selections...gonna hit there one nite after work and a couple others...either way, i'm spending some coin this week and hopefully firing up this weekend...

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    CapnKirk said:

So, I guess my problem was that not one of the Elliott's employees bothered to or wanted to come and ask me if I wanted any help...that causes me to be a little apprehensive...

I went to a dealer here in New Orleans and had exactly the same experience.  I kept looking and found a dealer that was interested in the product and eager to help me.  Needless to say, he got my business and I have been very happy.

An engaged dealer is a valuable thing.
    NOLA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    XXL for $3K from Costco huh? He's probably gonna spend that much again when he needs to replace a cracked base. No warranty on eggs from the warehouse stores. Unless BGE has changed their policy. He can always get a refund if Costco still does that... but then he'll have no egg.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    XXL for $3K from Costco huh? He's probably gonna spend that much again when he needs to replace a cracked base. No warranty on eggs from the warehouse stores. Unless BGE has changed their policy. He can always get a refund if Costco still does that... but then he'll have no egg.
    Maybe the XXXL with be out by then. They can always go bigger with the next one, like I did.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    stemc33 said:

I'd suggest doing like @KennyLee‌ said. Also keep in mind, saving a few dollars at one dealer, might not be the best deal. Customer service, especially when it comes to warranty stuff goes a long ways.
    Sorry I'm no help, just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Don't forget to send pics of the new egg.
    @stemc33 - you are helpful, I think that after sales support is much better than saving $20-$50 on an $800 item. 
    They key question to ask your potential dealer is how do they handle warranty? If your fire ring, fire box or PS cracks, can you bring it in and have them exchange for you - or do you have to wait until their next shipment? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

Elliott's was bought out a while back. New owners are not as detailed. There was one gentleman that work the BBQ dept for many years and was quite good at what he did. I guess it is just a sign of the times.

BBQ Galore Grapevine is where mine came from. And I did buy one for my son from Elliott's just as the ownership changed.

In fact they did sponsor the Plano Eggfest and now I hear they don't.

If you can wait till Salado Eggfest you are guaranteed a great time and a good deal. And you get to meet @henapple in person.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Hotch said:

And you get to meet @henapple in person.

Little Steven will be the first to tell you that this isn't what it's cracked up to be. They did not see eye to eye.
  • Angus1978
    Options
    Hotch said:

And you get to meet @henapple in person.

Little Steven will be the first to tell you that this isn't what it's cracked up to be. They did not see eye to eye.
    Literally you mean.....   
  • CapnKirk
    CapnKirk Posts: 12
    Options

Costco and BGE hooked up for a Road Show....Left the No Texas area a week or so ago...Costco sez you can call a store and they will look up where the show currently is....

Got what I think is a good deal...LG BGE, Base, 2 Egg Mates, grill lifter, ash remover and pan, fire starter and a bag of lump charcoal...$930 + tax including delivery....I added the multi level rack and am leaving the other stuff I want for the wife to get me for christmas....

• Holepuncher
    Options
    Just 3 months....., may be a new record.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Welcome and don't forget the pictures!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I am confused...BGE makes a point to say they will not honor sales from Big Box stores. I would not want to pay that much and not have a warranty. If it were me, I'd get something small...either a mini or a (eh-hem) KJ Jr. (Since the mini-max seems to still be urban legend.) Use the smaller unit to learn basics and hold out until Salado. Then score the size you really want at a demo price and meet some awesome cooks/taste some awesome food. Disclaimer: I have never been to Salado - lived a year in TX and got out as fast as I could - but I have learned a lot on this board from people who will be there.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy