Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Blueberry cobbler

This is the first attempt at a blueberry cobbler. Over all it was pretty good but just seem to be missing something. imageimage
LG BGE, plate setter, highQ grate, Ceramic Grill Works 2 Tier rack, Smokeware SS vent cap, BBQ GURU Party Q, super fast Ravens purple Thermapen and Maverick ET-732

Comments

• berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 1,077
    Well that looks great, maybe a light dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg will appease.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,528
    Did you add lemon juice/zest to the blueberries?
    No I didn't, but that sounds like that would do the trick. I just used blueberries and white cake mixture with melted butter.
    LG BGE, plate setter, highQ grate, Ceramic Grill Works 2 Tier rack, Smokeware SS vent cap, BBQ GURU Party Q, super fast Ravens purple Thermapen and Maverick ET-732
  • mcmacmcmac Posts: 493
    What it's missing is a spoon :)
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,507
    I'll bet one of these to go with it would do the trick.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Looks amazing! Nice job!
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,528
    Camben said:
    No I didn't, but that sounds like that would do the trick. I just used blueberries and white cake mixture with melted butter.

Throw up to a cup of sugar in with the berries along with the lemon.
    It looks really good!  yours at least browned on top, my last one did not.   My recipe includes the zest and juice of a lemon.  It definitely makes a difference, you can taste both.  I also sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar just for looks.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,947
    Looks mighty tasty to me. ;)
    I made one over the weekend. Very simple recipe almost like a dump cake in you will. Batter had like maybe 4-5 ingredients. Excellent job! Stomach growling....gonna go eat some of my lleftover blueberry cobbler. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,111
    The only way that could be any better is if it was sitting on a plate in front of me! Excellent job!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • As mentioned above, a little nutmeg. Also, a little vanilla to the berries. I also use some apple in mine to stretch the fruit a little further as blueberries can be a little pricey at times.
    SE PA
    XL, Mini max
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,479
    Lemon is the answer. Looks good. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !