Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New Stainless Steel Topped Table

Options
swbouton
swbouton Posts: 24
edited October 2012 in EGG Table Forum
A client of mine made the stainless steel table top for me.  It's 25" wide x 72" long.  They did a great job of cutting the hole out for the egg and fabricating the corners and edges.

A friend built the table structure.  I helped a little, but he came up with the design and did all the real work.  It's nice to have an RPI engineer on your side. 

The table is 34" high.

It's built like a TANK and, it rolls well on my deck.

I intend to paint it after the pressure-treated wood dries out, maybe toward the end of November (about 2 months from now).  I'd like to come up with a way to cover the sides and the back.  I'm thinking some kind of stainless steel "pattern" that provides air flow.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I put a couple of feather fans in mine cause it was pretty air tight. (bought a cabinet at a used restaurant supply) You are going to want to get something to allow a little airspace between the egg and the paver. The old feet that came with the egg were good, or you could use some split firebricks. Folks have had some trouble with the thermal transfer from the egg to the paver burning the wood.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• swbouton
    Options
    I'm surprised that much heat will pass through the paver.  It's 2" thick.

I did not receive the "feet" that came with the egg.  Maybe I can get them at the place I bought it or I'm sure I can find something at Lowe's.

Thanks for your help.
  • squezz
    squezz Posts: 56
    Options
    Looking through the forum for ideas for tabletops. How is the SS top attached to the rest of table?  I'm looking at doing something similar.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    Just taking a smart aleck SWAG with the folded edges I think gravity is doing most of the holding. JK  JK   If the dimensions are close little or nothing would be needed.  The one from BGE I saw at my dealer was not attached.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa