Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobel's Butcher order in (pic heavy)

Options
WOW!!

Some of these meats are insane!

I got 2 Porterhouse that steal the show!!  36 oz!

I have never seen Tri-Tip in my area, Especially not Prime. So i picked up 6.

And a whole mess of Berkshire pork that I'm still photographing!!  

In the meantime here are some shots of my back porch where it'll all get cooked!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Not sure what is more amazing, that box of meat or the yard it's going to be cooking in. I would give my left one for that porterhouse.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Wow all round...What a great box of goodies you got there..But I am blown away at your back porch and vistas...Awesome and enjoy your great looking meat..
    :-c
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    You're living my life and its just not fair! Just kidding, I'm jealous. Prime meat and prime real estate.
    Send cook pictures ASAP.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I gotta get better about photographing my cooks. I never remember. Mostly I just lurk.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    A+ meat
    A+ backyard
    A+ quote on your signature line
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I'm kinda glad you didn't include a picture of the price...I don't want to know! ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    I'm kinda glad you didn't include a picture of the price...I don't want to know! ;)
    My thoughts exactly. But I gotta ask... ;-)
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    My thoughts exactly. But I gotta ask... ;-)
    Somewhere between "Wow, that's a lot" and "Damn, that's way too much."
    ;)
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    edited July 2014
    Options

I just hope the taste and quality are worth the price of admission. Pressure is on now. I could hear my SWMBO saying "This steak cost how much? Don't screw it up!"  [-O<

I presume you'll post some shots when you start whittling down the meat mountain?

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    Wow.  That porterhouse is going to be AMAZING!
    Please post pix of all the amazing cooks you are going to have.

Beautiful spread you have there, too.
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    Options
    being from Cali I cook hundreds of tri tips for catering and friends and those are the best i have ever seen. We can get prime tri tip from costco but they dont look this good. You are going to love them
  • ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm too jealous to comment on how beautiful your backyard is. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have ordered from lobels before and its good stiff. I am guessing you could have added another large egg for the price of that box.
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Options
    Just tell us the price of one porterhouse.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Cowdogs Its not a state secret. :Dhttp://www.lobels.com
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    edited July 2014
    Options
    DMW said:
    Good point... 
    I just went and looked... I'd be beating myself over the head if I overcooked one of those porterhouses.
    The tri tips aren't too expensive, and they look great.
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I figure I can feed 3-4 on one of the Porterhouse as long as I go heavy on sides and add some shrimp or a lobster tail. My wife won't eat much.  The other one I'm going to save for my FIL's bday. And he and I are going to take it down.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Cowdogs said:
    DMW said:
    Good point... 
    I just went and looked... I'd be beating myself over the head if I overcooked one of those porterhouses.
    The tri tips aren't too expensive, and they look great.
    That's why i got so many. They are a good price and I figured they would be top notch... If I overshoot the temp on the Porterhouse I'll never forgive myself.  I may cook a cheaper one the week before just to get a practice run lol.
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    Please adopt me.  I want to share your life

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Wonderful looking setup to cook and awesome purchase of meet. I'm thinking life is good...