Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging From Inside

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
The rain paused long enough for me to get the Small lit.

Rain started again, so I wheeled the Small over close to the door. Was able to grill burgers without getting very wet at all.

I snapped a pic and Google turned it into an auto awesome photo which I thought turned out kind of cool.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    looks like a faithful puppy waiting at the back door!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited July 2014
    Options
    We spent the night last night in Bristel PA (not sure on spelling) and had good rain for a couple of hours before driving out of it this morning. Weather showing here in Concord NH was to get three days of hard stuff but we got here about 4:00 and almost as hot as Texas and dry this afternoon.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DMW
    Options
    @Mickey You were just over an hour from me about.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You have TREEs. Wow. Been a nice drive.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Cool pic. Is that a plant growing in an egg base?
    Jacksonville FL
  • DMW
    Options
    @Mickey good thing you got out of there. I just saw tornado warning in Burlington Co, NJ (not too far from where you stayed last night).
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Mickey
    Options
    I am 400 miles north. Good deal

• DMW
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Cool pic. Is that a plant growing in an egg base?
    Yeah, that's the cracked base from my XL that was replaced under warranty.

Jalapeno, tarragon, parsley, and basil.

And look, Google did an auto awesome on that one too.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Dude I am not judging but two things. 1. Your pink toenail polish is awful. 2. That planter is the Sh&t!

LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • DMW
    Options
    Dude I am not judging but two things. 1. Your pink toenail polish is awful. 2. That planter is the Sh&t!

=)) =)) Those aren't my toes!

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Right on @DMW the planter rocks, just hope I don't get one anytime soon LOL.
    Jacksonville FL
  • noregard
    noregard Posts: 306
    Options
    That's awesome.
    Lethbridge, Alberta         LBGE & MM
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    OK yoke over. :P

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I've seen people make grills out of flower pots, so it only makes sense to make flower pots out of grills!
    That looks awesome.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Rocket15
    Rocket15 Posts: 42
    Options
    Need to set up for the rain.
  • DMW
    Options
    Rocket15 said:
    Need to set up for the rain.
    I have an EZ-Up I use, but there was severe wind possibility last night and I didn't want it torn to shreds.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ballardbbq
    Ballardbbq Posts: 27
    Options
    Nine months out of the year I 'Egg from the Inside' in the Pacific NW. :) I plan on rolling my new Challenger cart in front of the French doors once the rain starts in October.

Large, Medium & Mini-Max - Seattle & a Puget Sound Island

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @DMW‌ for the Google auto awesome animation to show up (from photo awesome.) you have to embed it into the body of the message. Like this. Kind of a cool shot.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • DMW
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL Yep, those weren't animated, just enhanced.

Here's one from my album that is. Let's see if this works.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    edited July 2014
    Options
    DMW said:
    The rain paused long enough for me to get the Small lit.

Rain started again, so I wheeled the Small over close to the door. Was able to grill burgers without getting very wet at all.

I snapped a pic and Google turned it into an auto awesome photo which I thought turned out kind of cool.

Dude, you need a patio cover that is solid, not lattice or any design with holes.  Every house I have owned, I build a patio cover right off the kitchen/breakfast nook sliding glass door that is fully rain covered.  I started doing that when I had dogs, the dog houses sat under the patio cover.  So no matter how nasty the weather, I could go outside, feed my dogs, and not be bothered by the rain.  They could go from one doghouse to another and not get wet.  currently I am dog-less, but my egg sits under the patio cover as well as a patio dining table and chairs.  I can egg and serve & eat dinner outside on a rainy day and stay dry.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    @DMW.This is what I use when it rains. It's as ugly as sin and bodged together from bits from HD.
    Works like a charm. I think it was @Henapple's idea - not sure.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    That looks like it was salvaged from meth lab. I like it.
    Options
    That looks like it was salvaged from meth lab. I like it.
    Lol. Hubble, bubble…...

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @DMW‌ :(( my secrets out photo awesome.. Now I must destroy you! >:)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL