Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking up some Baby Backs

Options
I was craving some Baby backs so I purchased and rubbed up 3 racks last night with John Henry Hawaiian Rib Rub and stored in the fridge overnight. I prefer the 3-1-1 method for my ribs, with a few slight alterations.  

I had the Egg preheated and holding at 230* with my guru, pecan and hickory chunks in for smoke.  I placed the 3 racks on the rib rack and let them cook away indirect for 3.5 hours.  I then removed from the grill, wrapped the racks in foil and poured in some pineapple juice to help flavour and rehydrate the ribs.  I had them on the grill for 1.5 hours.  Once removed from foil, I had to be careful cause these ribs were now very tender and ready to fall off the bone.  I placed them back on the grill bone down and slathered the ribs with Stockyard KC Pitmaster BBQ sauce and let them cook for another 30-40 minutes until they passed both the bend and prob test.  

Took them off, rested for 5 - 10 minutes while I took some shots, and then served em up!  What a treat and craving is satisfied.... for now!  

Happy Eggin!  

Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,793
    Options
    Looks outstanding. Hard to beat good ribs! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Looks great. Always nice to satisfy the BBR craving but, if you're like me, it will be back!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Fantastic..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • BGEXL_Nick
    BGEXL_Nick Posts: 88
    Options
    Those look excellent! Man, I'd love to give them a try.
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Those look great. Nice cook!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    1st class. Nom nom.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields