Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max??

vettman
vettman Posts: 26
Has anyone out there seen or better yet bought the Mini Max?  Thoughts??

Doug

LG, MiniMax BGE

Comments

• nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Not out until later this summer.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Late July early aug
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    I heard August or later.  In the $450 range.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • badinfluence
    What the rep told me was they want it out for tailgating so i don't know guess when it shows up i will have one
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    I was told next year 2015 at Dizzyfest. idk - the release date info seems to be all over the place. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • badinfluence
    If it's like everything else the mother ship does it will be 2020 but I'm hoping for a early release date for the end of camping season

Clinton, Iowa
  • SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    Seems bizarre to release it AFTER the start of grilling season..

Lots of people buying grills at this point (or have bought already) for the summer, and BGE is missing the boat holding the release of this little guy back.
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    Really interested in the Mini-Max since my Mini BGE is great - BUT the grid is too small (at 10'')..those extra 3 inches in a small or Mini Max sure would make for the "perfect" grill for the 2 of us..

I'd consider the KJ Jr, but no spark screen is a deal breaker.  (Weird - my KJ classic DOES have a spark screen - of sorts..the vertical front of the ash drawer has a bunch of small holes in it - which seems to work very well..why they didn't do this on the Jr is a mystery..)  Plus, I'm still not 100% sure the KJ turns out as good of food as my Mini just based on what we've cooked so far..
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    I couldnt wait for the mini max so I opted for this. Kamodo Joe Jr., it has a 13 1/2" grill, but like smokybear said no spark screen.

http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_name_Kamado-Joe-Joe-Jr-Ceramic-Grill-On-Stand-Black_path__item_2878280.html
  • kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Any updates on the mini max?
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    SmokyBear said:
    Really interested in the Mini-Max since my Mini BGE is great - BUT the grid is too small (at 10'')..those extra 3 inches in a small or Mini Max sure would make for the "perfect" grill for the 2 of us..

I'd consider the KJ Jr, but no spark screen is a deal breaker.  (Weird - my KJ classic DOES have a spark screen - of sorts..the vertical front of the ash drawer has a bunch of small holes in it - which seems to work very well..why they didn't do this on the Jr is a mystery..)  Plus, I'm still not 100% sure the KJ turns out as good of food as my Mini just based on what we've cooked so far..

Sorry, but I cant see any reason why the food isnt as good off of one Kamado, as another....its more the cook than the subtle differences in the equipment that comes into play. Sounds like green Kool-Aid to me.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • captjo
    captjo Posts: 93
    There is a chance, the Mini Max might be released before DizzyFest 7, which will be held on November 8th, 2014. The latest word I have from our distributor is that BGE is shooting for September 1st....sounds way better than the June 2015 release they gave us earlier
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490

let's hope so

if I can't get one by October, well then, i'll explore the KJ JR option

• I was told the end of October.

• The "White Whale" of Big Green Eggs.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA