Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gifts of Money to Children

Options
Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited June 2014 in Off Topic
Well, I had asked for advise but I received an answer so fast that now I guess I'll just post my poem.

My sister and I have decided to give the grandchildren and those whom Dad considered grandchildren (his LONG time girlfriend's grandchildren) the gifts of money that they would have received had he lived to give them until each child reached the age of eighteen. It was Dad's wish that the money he gave go to buy savings bonds (I know... bad investment) or something similar, and indeed he gave savings bonds until the process to obtain them had become too complicated for him. I was trying to figure out the best way to give them the money without buying bonds and in a manner that would encourage investment.

Anyway, I didn't want to just send a check without something special to go with it. So... I wrote this poem and I will add a picture (as provided by their parents) of each child with "Papa" or "Grandpa Ed" as it were. Then I will obtain high quality prints on high quality stock and send these to each Grandchild along with a check for the appropriate amount.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm not a lawyer but I would open a account in the child's name with the money in it with a stipulation that the account could not be touched until what ever age you see fit. That's what I have done for a little girl that is not really my grand daughter but will never know this if it's up to me.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    +1for SGH.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Options
    Thanks.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.