Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peoria Eggfest Who's going?

Options
I and the wife are planning on being there.  I am pretty sure RRP will be present as it's his backyard.  Who else will be in attendance?  We need to have a way of identifying ourselves in order to put faces to names.  Hope to see you there.
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Sure - I'll be there - in fact I have cooked at all 12! Focker was coming from Moline but just told me this morning he had to cancel.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I have plans to come.  It will be my first eggfest.  Can't wait!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    Options
    My experience is there are very few people who use this forum or that on Greeneggers who come to the Peoria Eggfest. I mean there are returnees every year and it is a fun event, but you won't be running into many more than just me! Hope that doesn't change your plans. BTW we have a family of a father, two sons and a daughter who drive down and cook from Chicago every year. Also a father and son team from Springfield. We get people from St Louis and all over IL.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2014
    Options

Wish I could be there buddy.  Gonna miss seeing everyone. 

@bettysnephew,

Jerry and staff at H & P put on one heckuva fest.  Free registration, free beer, free food, and a bag of lump(your choice) for being a cook.  Best fest deal out there.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    I have plans to come.  It will be my first eggfest.  Can't wait!
    Another Eggfest virgin here.  Thought it might be best to try a reasonably local one for my first.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • divr71
    divr71 Posts: 82
    Options
    There will be at least 4 of us traveling together from Springfield.
  • RRP
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @RICHIED777 and his fiancee are driving down from Milwaukee - and in fact buying an egg that day to take home! 
  • RRP
    Options
    Focker said:

Jerry and staff at H & P put on one heckuva fest.  Free registration, free beer, free food, and a bag of lump(your choice) for being a cook.  Best fest deal out there.

I agree 100%! They really knock themselves out! There are plenty of larger eggfests across the country but being the 12th annual one for Peoria that actually ranks it up there with the oldest continuously held eggfests in the country. When you consider that Peoria is essentially mid way geographically between Chicago and St Louis and neither of those huge cities have eggfests then Peoria has a proud heritage! 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'm sure proud, to have popped my cherry there
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Focker said:

I'm sure proud, to have popped my cherry there

TMI

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    Options
    What time does this shindig start?  Is it in the H&P parking lot?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RRP
    Options
    What time does this shindig start?  Is it in the H&P parking lot?
    Official time is 9 to 3, but several of us arrive by 8 and share breakfast items. General public doesn't start showing up much before 11 and then the real "sweet spot" for the most food runs from say 11:15 to 1:30. Yes it is in the parking lot in front of the store. Seating is limited and most people just stand and mill about, so if you need a chair bring your own. The whole thing is free and you should bring your own water or beverage of choice.
  • saluki2007
    Options
    Thanks RRP.  Can't wait.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL