Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Backs and Turkey Breast

Options
I was going to smoke some baby backs tomorrow, now I am also going to smoke a turkey breast with it. I take its going to take the turkey breast a little longer to cook? Normally I would cook it at 350, I want to do the ribs low & slow at around 225 to 250. The turkey is a little over 8 pounds, so how long do you think it will take to cook at that temp? Im thinking about 5 to 6 hours .
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I just remembered that slow cooked turkey can be soft and mushy. So guess I will start the ribs off early in the morning to get them done then crank up the heat to 400 and cook the turkey. I hope to have it ready by 5:30 or 6.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I'd say roll at 350* for both. If you have the room you can cook them at the same time.  If not put the turkey on first and then foil it and put it in a cooler while you do the ribs. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I have an XLand rib racks so shouldn't be an issue. Im going to put them both on around noon now. If the ribs are done early I will foil them and wrap in towel and put in a cooler. I have two meat probes so that shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for the help.

Kansas City, Mo.