Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket and Dinos !!

dldawes1
dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
Got a 10 pound packer and 3 racks of 7-bone Dinos on the egg. Yep, I'm gonna be eating good tomorrow !!!!

Homemade rub on the brisket and then course sea salt, course peppercorn, and Lea & Perrins on the ribs.

Yep, I'm addicted !!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Looks good, the ribs won't take as long as the brisky.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dldawes1
    3.5 hrs at 320 for the ribs. Pics later. Gotta go to bed and work tomorrow. Letting Maverick do all the work with the brisket while I sleep !!!

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Did you make the extender?
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Are you shooting an episode of the Flintstones there tomorrow???

Fine looking hunks of beef!!! Enjoy!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    That looks horrible! Send it on over to me and I will see to it it's properly disposed of. ;) Very nice enjoy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • dldawes1
    @eggcelsior......yeah I made the extender. Works EGGcellent! I've never used or been around all of the different types/styles that are on the market other than through the forum. I also have a 3rd tier that will fit above these two.

• dldawes1
    @hapster.. And @nphuskerfl....the texture turned out perfect on the Dino's thanks to all of you here who helped me make decisions (these were my 1st time). They taste delicious but some flavor that I am looking for is still missing. I am not experienced enough to explain what I am looking for. All I know is they turned out great but still do not have the flavor that the Brazillian restaurant has. I thought the course salt and pepper was the key but something is missing. I will just have to keep trying !!!!!! I've got the brisket figured out now. Again, thanks and all the credit goes to you folks here on the forum who are always so helpful.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    dldawes1 said:

@eggcelsior......yeah I made the extender. Works EGGcellent! I've never used or been around all of the different types/styles that are on the market other than through the forum. I also have a 3rd tier that will fit above these two.

At first I thought it was the group buy one but then I saw the differences when I zoomed in. Ilike it.