Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Creme Brulee

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to a new restaurant this evening. Had a creme brulee for dessert that was so good it almost brought tears to my eyes. It was done...right. The vanilla bean was excellent. No egg whites. Lovely heavy cream. It is so rare to go anyplace and find something done...right. Just had to carry on about it. [p]The tilapia was good, but a tiny bit dry. THAT I coulda done on the egg just a bit better. I've done a lot of fish on the egg and they all come out excellent...even a nasty river dweller like tilapia.[p]I just can't believe how unbearable I've become when it comes to food. Have all of you become like this because of the egg? Gonna do a citrus ahi this weekend that I'll bet would bring tears to their eyes!

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    MollyShark, you know the way to a mans stomach..! I agree, the BGE sharpens your thoughts about the finer things in life...fooooooooood.
    Cheers..keep smiling!
    C~W[p]

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]Same thing has been happening to me. I've been trying steaks at good restaurants lately to see if I can match'em on my egg. Except for a place here in Philly called Fork, I am getting close to restaurant-style steak. After my next visit to the place I'll post more about it.
  • Grillin' Bill
    Options
    MollyShark,
    Creme Brulee is my favorite desert. One that is begining to rival this desert for me is Panna Cotta. Look in recent issue of Bon Appetite (one with buttermilk) and recent issue of Cooks Illustrated. So far I kike the one in Cooks Illustrated the best. I have hade in 3 restaurants. Great with fruit, and only requires minimal cooking. Sorry fro all the mispelled words.[p]Grillin Bill

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    MollyShark,
    Crème Brulee is a definite favorite of mine and some thing that I have never attempted to make. About a month ago, we had a Lavender Crème Brulee after a great steak at one of better local chophouses. It was simply exquisite. It was so rich that my wife and I split one. [p]I am starting to appreciate the flavor of Lavender more and more. Hey, it is not just for soap any more.[p]RhumAndJerk[p]